A few for C&Ct

I havnt been able to get anything good in along while :(

As I've been told by my many teachers, "Don't worry about being good, don't worry about being original, just focus on doing your best."

Often when you try hard and just focus on producing a good image, you miss a lot of the things that make it really good. The creative thoughts, the silly ideas, the jokes that led up to that moment where you were standing on a table and your friend was hanging from a ceiling so you decided to grab your camera and get the shot.

Practice your basics, nail your exposures at 12 noon, in the middle of a cave, in many situations. Aim to compose shots using the rule of thirds, make interesting compositions. Try experimenting with light, and just sit there and study light coming in from your window and how it hits different objects.

You're jumping head first with what you've been doing, take your time, back up a bit, and practice so that you can take good photos all day long. Anyone can take good photos, if you want to be a photographer you have to make outstanding ones.

I see a positive move in the right direction, PP down considerably from the psychodelic pictures of the near past that the original was unrecognizable.
At this level you can improve more and not hide it.

Gosh people, give the kid a break! I only see one or two people actually trying be helpful, the others just seem to enjoy bashing the poor kid.

I think the awareness that less PP is needed has sunken in with the OP, he just needs to keep moving in the right direction.

OP, please do what a few people have asked and post some pics straight out of camera. What's the worst that could happen?

I know bitter I know, but its hard to do that for 7 photos and I was in a hurry next time I promise :)

If you are in a hurry don't bother shooting, because you are going backwards

My thinking is more like... Why do you expect us to critique 7 images if you don't put in the effort to properly display 7 images?

I think the last shot, of the maple syrup bottle (brandy bottle?) laying on its side is the best of the lot. The shot of the pilings done underneath the pier is somewhat interesting to look at...I like the white rectangle at the end of the pier, and the tantalizing glimpse of the end of the pier on the left hand side, but the defocus and the odd purple colors are not really "doing it" for me. The pilings shot does have a sort of faux artiness to it, a sort of Diana- or Holga-inspired artsy-fartsy feeling, but it's not authentic enough to really truly work. Besides the two shots I mention here, I think the rest are very snapshotty and without much merit on their own.

One thing about you er111a, your photos are never predictable, and you're what some people call indefatigable. Two good qualities.

Apparently you like posting pics for C+C over and over again but never listen to the advice given to you. All of your pics are heavily processed, and not even with any skill or precision. Its like a three year old with a pack of digital crayons. Then you have the audacity to say you only Post Processed 2 of them? What a joke.
:hug:::thumbup:

Gosh people, give the kid a break! I only see one or two people actually trying be helpful, the others just seem to enjoy bashing the poor kid.

I think the awareness that less PP is needed has sunken in with the OP, he just needs to keep moving in the right direction.

OP, please do what a few people have asked and post some pics straight out of camera. What's the worst that could happen?

Err no it hasn't

errr yes it has

Obviously not because you continue to do a ridiculous amount of pp still. Members on the board are getting frustrated because you ask for advice and you're constantly getting the same responses yet you don't seem to want to take any [advice]. A lot of people here are very experienced and have a wealth of information, I'd suggest taking it. The best way you can become a good photographer is to put photoshop aside and learn how to make a good picture straight off the camera, in fact I'd recommend shooting nothing but film for a while, that's how I started out.

Err no it hasn't

Well, he does seem to be repeating the idea that he needs to back off. I believe this will lead to deeds :)

Most reactions

Back