A few from joshua tree

IanRB

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
On tuesday i went with a few guys out to joshua tree national park to do some hiking and camping. Here are two shots on the way there and one of our campsite from the top of the rock formations we climbed up. There are more to come but these are all that i have looked at so far. I havent posted in a while so let me know how they came out.

First sight of snow! (taken from a moving car so a little blurry)

3122358966_bdaa03dbe3_o.jpg

Some windmills, almost thereee (also from a car)

3121532405_d482e7c836_o.jpg

And our campsite from above

3122358850_5dc9e36842_o.jpg

At night we were woken by the sound of rain on our tent and the next morning we thought that it was just lightly raining, but it was actually the sound of snow on our tent now. It was a fun trip

Thank you. I wish i had the time to get some shots from the next day when it was snowing but i only had the time to capture a few shots as we packed our stuff up. It was really pretty then.

I like that last shot. The POV throws me a bit- Indian Cove?

Yup indian cove. Good eye abraxas!

That's a nice shot of it. I haven't been out there since last spring. I've studied the area, but for what reason I couldn't begin to guess. Nice view of Copper Mountain from up there. I heard the snow closed up the upper part of the park for a day or two.

Moving car or not, GREAT pics! :)
Second one is my fave.

oh wow i guess we got out of there just in time then.

I had heard they were chasing everyone out of the upper part of the park.

I don't know if you're into it, but to the left of that third shot at the little parking area at the end of the road there's an interpretive trail that I documented a year or two ago for my web site. You can take the tour online at:

Indian Cove - Joshua Tree

I got to get back out there. I've taken some of my best shots out of that park.

you have a good eye for composition, all are very good but #3 is the best from a technical perspective and an amazing view. I really like #2 though, it reminds me of movies shot out west.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back