A few from Manila Zoo

Raymond J Barlow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.raymondbarlow.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I only had a few hours of spare time on this last trip, so here is what I came up with...

DSC_127901websize.jpg

DSC_129501websize.jpg

DSC_126801websize.jpg

DSC_119401websize.jpg

DSC_118201websize.jpg

DSC_117601websize.jpg

DSC_114801websize.jpg

all comments welcome, thanks for looking

Good shots, my favourite type of birds. The barn owl looks like it's laughting .I don't think I would allow a child's hand so close to a raptor's mouth.

I really like the 4th one :) the kids' expression is so funny here :)

John E. said:
...I don't think I would allow a child's hand so close to a raptor's mouth.

But mommy wanted to take this "sweet picture" with her phone camera!

Personally, I like the second best. You rarely see a bird shaking its feathers like that - then frozen into a picture. And I like the colours in that one very much, too!!! Or is it not shaking? But waiting for some "signal"?

Those are amazing! I wish i could shoot pictures with details and clarity like you, and You really have an eye on people and their expressions too. My favorite is no 4.

By the way, regards to your wife. I guess shes with you now in Canada.

All the best.

Killer shots Raymond. All of these are just very well done. I would say the first is my favorite.

Nice subjects, the straps on the birds are very saddening, though :(
Fantastic focus & DOF on all of these !!
Great shots.

Thank Miki and Photogal

I hate the straps too, but they are out in the open instead of locked up in a small cage.. they are well fed, and groomed.. and seem to be content. I do feel for all amimals in zoos, but millions of people have a chance to go face to face with rare and endangered species, and creating pubilic awareness is so important towards their survival.

thanks again for everyones kind words

Have to say the first and third are my favorites. Both because of the expression and details in the feathers.

Excellent shots! Love the tigers! Big cats are my fave animals even though I love all animals there's just something about the big cats. The picture's with the child are funny too, the first one looks like he's sizing him up, but by the second picture he was ready to touch the bird. Great experience to be so close to these rare birds.

thanks again everyone, yes Ernie the Tiger shot is a bit soft.. very unfortunatly they were up and about in the late afternoon shade, and I should have cranked up my iso to try to frezze them, but in the excitement, I forgot! I took about 40 shots of these two cats who were up for a late PM stretch, and this is all I have to offer.. I was quite disappointed.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back