A few from memorial day in the NC Mountains

fjrabon

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
DSC_0208 by Franklin Rabon, on Flickr

Gorgeous day, this was at the end of a 6 mile hike. Wanted to get the dog to sit down and overlook the mountains, but it turns out she's not the best model when it comes to taking direction. Especially after trekking 6 miles plus chasing random wildlife off the trail.

DSC_0198 by Franklin Rabon, on Flickr

The girl and her dog Sadie in front of a waterfall. tried to convince the girl to sit down on a rock for the picture, but she wasn't as keen on getting her pants wet when Sadie would have inevitably jumped in her lap.

DSCF6430 by Franklin Rabon, on Flickr

The girl moderately annoyed with my need to constantly take pictures of her at dinner.

DSC_0177 by Franklin Rabon, on Flickr

Kayaker out on the lake at sunset. Was trying to get a shot of a couple of hawks I had seen, but never really managed to get them close enough. Just happened to spot this kayaker while doing so (thus the "birding" settings on the camera).

DSC_0179 by Franklin Rabon, on Flickr

First shot at astrophotography. Took this shot, then realized I had left my remote back in the house. Ran to get it, and by the time I had gotten back, literally less than five minutes, the rocky mountain overnight fog clouds had rolled in, precluding any other star shots. This shot was just to get a rough idea of settings, was planning on getting the mountain outline in the foreground until nature thought otherwise.

Terrific cloud formations in the first one. Looks like you might have been standing on a glade. Second and third are nice candids. Great scene with the kayak but yeah not the best settings for the photo. The last one is just mesmerizing! Really well done. You must have been far from any city light pollution.

Gorgeous sky in #1!

Looks like a pretty awesome place to hike!

Most reactions

Back