Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Red Rock Canyon National Conservation Area near Las Vegas, Nevada
760-7527.jpg

400-7534.jpg

760-7531.jpg

Awesome, I like these.

What lens did you use, if you don't mind me asking?

Thank you.

Sigma 10-20mm.

I find forcing myself to use the limited focal length helps me concentrate on composition, and is better excercise to walk up to the scene instead of zooming.

lovely results yet again....beautiful light.

Thanks. The first shot was the result of a comedy of errors- I drove past the turnoff and ended driving by this view of the canyon.

I'd left Las Vegas at 5am. Was thinking I'd wait to get coffee after I was done, didn't want to be late and miss predawn light. Looked at the store on the highway thinking it was my last chance, and while I was looking missed the sign. Drove a good five miles and looked off to the side and thought, "Wow, that looks like Red Rock too!"

Glad I had checked out sites the day before. I got back on track but didn't have any coffee until I got back to the room. Had to gulp it down and check out.

Drool! Sweet angles. That lens seems like the next one for me. I just got the Sigma 15-30mm, fun, but could a bit wider for certain shots.

I spent about 3 hours last week fumbling with a kit trying to clean my sensor spots on my d80. Finally got the thing clean and put the lens on and ain't taking it off, at least until the first of May. I'm hoping I'll know what it's about by then. I want to get a d300 and will use the 10-20mm experience to see if I could work with, and what focal length prime lens I should put on it. I've heard the best zoom is my stubby little legs. Working with the 10-20 should help figure it out.

Yes very nice angles!!!

I just got myself an Opteka 0.42 x AF Semi Fish Eye HD2 which fits the end of my 18-50. Nice but looses focus around the edges quite a bit to much for my liking, but still very usable for the cheap cost.

But this just looks sharp to the last mm!!

My search for the next lens has ended, I got to get one of those.!!!

I need, I need,.........

Yes very nice angles!!!

I just got myself an Opteka 0.42 x AF Semi Fish Eye HD2 which fits the end of my 18-50. Nice but looses focus around the edges quite a bit to much for my liking, but still very usable for the cheap cost.

But this just looks sharp to the last mm!!

My search for the next lens has ended, I got to get one of those.!!!

I need, I need,.........

I like the lens and have been having some fun with it. Forcing myself to use it has had some interesting results. It got me thinking about the "next" setup.

Most reactions

Back