A few from the zoo pt. 1

jubbin2001

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all. Just wanted to share a few from my recent visit to the zoo. C&C are welcome. Thanks!

1. $DSC_6658.jpg

2. $DSC_6663.jpg

3. $DSC_6676.jpg

4. $DSC_6680.jpg

I really like number 2 in this set. The expression on his face is wonderful.

I agree. #2 is the money shot. Have you played with a tighter crop? I might like to see it with some more cut off the bottom and right side and see how that works.

Thanks for the kind comments! I agree that #2 is the most expressive, and I am very happy how it turned out (considering it was shot through glass). As requested with Snakeguy here is a bit tighter crop.

$DSC_6663_crop.jpg

Is that more of what you had in mind?

I like 2 for the expression and 3 for the composition/use of available light.

Be careful with cropping, especially if you plan to print. That crop of #2 is not standard.

I must admit I am a little confused on the crop not being standard. When I cropped it I used 14x11 dimensions in PS (but downsized for forum use). I guess I could have gotten it wrong so I will keep an eye out for that. I shoot with a D80, so I know the other images posted are not actually printable without some form of cropping to prevent distortion. I appreciate the heads-up. Thanks!!

Noone else want to add? Or are they really that "Meh"?

Noone else want to add? Or are they really that "Meh"?

Lol, I know the feeling bro.
#2 is nice, the others don't really stand out. I understand that you shot these at a zoo and you got the best out of the situation. The cut off bodies and busy backgrounds make it distracting. But well done for zoo-shots.
Thanks for sharing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back