A Few From Today

TheNevadanStig

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.jasonlighthallphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Got a new species today for the first time again. I believe them to be Black Necked Stilts? Anyway conditions were HORRIBLE. But we got a break in the rain/sleet/snow just long enough to go out for an hour or two. I haven't gone out in a week or so and was getting restless. I would normally throw everything away but I'm trying to make a concerted effort to stop being a pixel-pusher. And I got the stilts for the first time, and some decent shots of killdeer, both of which are not easy to shoot. The stilts in particular were very skittish.

13550727455_da783f9882_c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

13551043564_b822f6d559_c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

13551041514_61649e9cf2_c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

13551039184_134e01f80f_c.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Black necked Stilts we do have here and the Canada Goose, so nice to see these from another country. The Dotterel is darn cute and nicely taken. Showing the eye really well in those Dotterel shots. Excellent. Nice pose on the goose as well and good fine details.

All the best.

Danny.

Thanks! The goose has been nesting there for a few weeks, I have been popping by a lot lately waiting to get her with the babies. There's actually another one nesting about 40 yards down the shore from this one now.

Here in NZ, Canada Geese are breeding a little too well and are here to stay. Probably started off as a migratory path, but man have they made it their second home :)

All the best and that is a nice shot with its head cuddling into the body.

Danny.

Most reactions

Back