2 (not sure)
westnc_2.jpg

3 (upper falls, i think)
westnc_3.jpg

4(mountain trail west of highlands NC.)
westnc_4.jpg

5 (fontana dam)
westnc_5.jpg

Nice images, I like #3 the best. For #4, I like that the pathway fades into the out of focus part of the image. I could also see an image where the individual is farther along the pathway and is part of the out of focus portion of the image. Not quite sure why #1 is "the dry water falls" - maybe you would care to enlighten us.

WesternGuy

Thanks, it may be dry falls, not dry water. But the reason is because you can walk under it without getting wet. As you can ser the people in the pictures. Not 100% true as i got some spray when I walked under it

Thanks, it may be dry falls, not dry water. But the reason is because you can walk under it without getting wet. As you can ser the people in the pictures. Not 100% true as i got some spray when I walked under it

Thanks for the explanation.

WesternGuy

As I recall it's called "Bridal Veil Falls" and is also in the vicinity of Highlands. I have a friend who owns a condo in Highlands since his daughter lives there and he likes to visit without being an imposition. I rode my motorcycle up there with him once, and it is a truly beautiful area. That entire area of Tennessee and North Carolina is just fantastic in my opinion.

Great shots. I don't think I could pick a favorite.

As I recall it's called "Bridal Veil Falls" and is also in the vicinity of Highlands. I have a friend who owns a condo in Highlands since his daughter lives there and he likes to visit without being an imposition. I rode my motorcycle up there with him once, and it is a truly beautiful area. That entire area of Tennessee and North Carolina is just fantastic in my opinion.

Great shots. I don't think I could pick a favorite.

I think Bridal Veil Falls is in the Nantahala Forest, but I think this is actually Dry Falls, which is also in Highlands, NC. But you're right, the entire area is beautiful!
The third shot is my favorite of the set, but I like them all. Not a fan of that glare or whatever the CA is in the one of the Fontana Dam, but overall I like the picture.

Bridel vail is about 2 miles south of dry falls. Much smaller and right off the Road, you can Drive under it

Most reactions

New Topics

Back