A few macro for C&C

IronMaskDuval

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This first one was a tough one. I only saw this spider because I was peeing on it. It'd be lucky if it was half the size of a flea, and the wind was blowing hard enough to make the web move A LOT. Talk about a tough shot and I managed to capture it without spraying and praying-- didn't realize I was taking a pic of her belly until afterwards. Any C&C is very well appreciated. This forum is what got me into macro, and I would love to learn more.

spidersm.jpg

This next one is an ugly shot. The spider was moving too fast for me to really take anything of it, but I caught one.

uglyspidersm.jpg

And the last one is a dandelion. I couldn't figure out for the life of me how to make this thing look good. Oh, well. I didn't get many great shots this time around.

dandism.jpg

Try changing your viewing angle here and there.
Spiders for example are usually nicest when you can see the eyes which works best from the front (not from above or below). These are tricky shots though so don't worry too much if you can't get it right instantly, I'm still having a hard time myself.
Flowers can be a lot of fun, but it may take some practice to see the interesting angles. A dandelion may seem rather plain but a simple change in the angle and a little more zooming in can make a world of difference.
Here's one I made about 2 years back that I kind of like: http://www.rvantwerpen.com/images/shoots/27/20120430_115702_small.jpg

Usually I just try a couple of random things to see what I can come up with. Later on you'll learn to recognise situations and start to actually see interesting angles before you even try to take a picture.
Macro can be very tricky, but it's a lot of fun. :D

Great macro of the dandelion, Judo! I haven't found myself in a situation where I have been able to capture frontals of spiders just yet. I have a 105, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get a close shot like yours and still maintain focus.

Most reactions

Back