A few Macro shots.

deanlewis

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Well I finally got hold of a macro lense, not sure if my technique is any good, but I certainly had a great time in my small back garden chasing theese tiny hover flies.
Taken with my new nikon 105mm vr micro with 1.4 converter, natural light and standard camera flash. ( flash unit still on shopping list :lol::lol:)

Deano
jpeghoverfly1.jpg

jpeg1.jpg

JPEG2.jpg

hoverflyjpeg3.jpg

JPEG3.jpg

jpeghoverfly2.jpg

I love macro! That is very upclose, I like the first one

Thanks, I can see it being very addictive, its a totally new aspect for me, but the interest for me is definately bug wise, the detail that you can see on theese little insects amazes me :D:D

Deano

great macros, i really like #1

dear lewis,

Am really amazed to see these great photographs ! Did you use macro before ? If not, you've learnt it in no time ! Excellent details, really wonderful job !

greetings

PS : Although I am a "People Photographer", I have a small macro gallery at my site : http://www.turboshots.net/featured/en/uwn/uwn_g_en.html; invite you there ! :)

dear lewis,

Am really amazed to see these great photographs ! Did you use macro before ? If not, you've learnt it in no time ! Excellent details, really wonderful job !

greetings

PS : Although I am a "People Photographer", I have a small macro gallery at my site : http://www.turboshots.net/featured/en/uwn/uwn_g_en.html; invite you there ! :)

Thanks for the positive feedback, never shot macro before I got my new nikon 105mm f2.8 vr lense at the weekend. Its very addictive though, my main photography interest is wildlife, so the detail of the small insects is very interesting to me :D:D

Deano

Really very impressive. I do hope you become addicted. the lens looks to be really sharp. I use mine for a whole lot more than macro, the boke (spelling ?) is wonderfull and it can be great for medium sized animals such as deer etc. looking forward to the next set.

tim

hope this doesnt sound stupid, but how far away were you from those things?

hope this doesnt sound stupid, but how far away were you from those things?

I got to within about 7 inches maybe less, manually focusing, the tiny hover flies are about 8mm long, but I have found them to be a great subject matter, they seem to settle and get used to you being there

Deano

Wow the detail is amazing, very nice work! I think you just made me add a macro to my WTB list.

Most reactions

Back