A few months later...C&C

LittleMike

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Several months ago I noticed an old wooden corral near my home as I was driving on a dirt road, and decided that the next evening I would go back and get a picture. I had just bought a 5d mkII and 24-105L lens, and was anxious to see what I/it could do. I have already posted the rewards of that outing, but purely for entertainment purposes I'll post it again:

IMG_0794.jpg

Now, several months later, I am starting to do more night-time scenery. I figured that since this location is at most 10 minutes from my home, I would give it another shot. The compositions are similar, (after looking at them next to each other, I like the first better), while everything else is vastly different. Namely the time of capture.

IMG_6016small.jpg

Anyways, let me know what you think! Mainly on the second capture.

Canon 5D mkII; 24-105L lens
f/11
1801 second (30 min, 1 sec) exposure
ISO 100

Sick colours.

Like the pic although not too much happening.

And what are those stripes? Look like stars on a 2 hour exposure ??

I posted my exif under the second photo. Half hour exposure would mean it would HAVE to be at night, so yes those are star streaks.

Hmmm it's definitely lacking something but I'm not quite sure what. I prefer the 1st composition since it pulls the viewer into the shot more. The star trails aren't as bright as I would like, although I'm not sure why. Maybe too early in the night or too much light pollution? The foreground could do with some more dramatic lighting, it's looking quite bland. What did you light it with?

I'll definately be back out there to give it another go. I'll pay a little more attention to composition. I'm not 100% sure, but I think the fact that the moon is getting rather large has something to do with the star trails being more faint.

What did you light it with?

The moon.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back