a few more for C&C

matt62485

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
some of these i put in my other thread, but was time to start a new one since ive learned a little. C&C please. this is only my second real shoot.

meh
Image0115.jpg

had a hard time getting this one to even look decent
Image0173.jpg

'
Image0237.jpg

Image0244.jpg

Image0111.jpg

Image2.jpg

Image0211.jpg

my parents rott pup
Image0153.jpg

Image0162.jpg

Last edited:
You're not going to get many C&C posts if you have this many pictures in your thread. You'll get better results if you have 3 or 4 pictures for C&C.

A quick glance through them...some have white balance issues and some seem soft. Most look slightly underexposed. The 5th shot has a lot of CA in it.

The pup is cute.

You're not going to get many C&C posts if you have this many pictures in your thread. You'll get better results if you have 3 or 4 pictures for C&C.

A quick glance through them...some have white balance issues and some seem soft. Most look slightly underexposed. The 5th shot has a lot of CA in it.

The pup is cute.

these are the strongest of the lot i took, figured id post. im not intending for comments on each single one.

i dont understand white balance yet. and im not sure what ur meaning by soft. ive been doing a lot of reading but havent covered much on that. guess ill look into it next.

also, if i bumped the exposure on many of these shots i was getting areas blown out

and what is CA?

deleted some, figured out white balance and chromatic aberration meanings, thanks

Last edited:
I think the pics of the puppy are good. Cute little guy.

BTW more pics of the blazer please :mrgreen:

thanks. ill take more of the blazer sometime this weekend if ud like

these are the strongest of the lot i took, figured id post. im not intending for comments on each single one.
It's still recommended that you post only a few images and then provide a link to your on-line gallery for the people who want to check out the rest of your pictures. Lots of pictures in a thread is rough on the servers and can slow down load time for those on slow internet connections.
and im not sure what ur meaning by soft. ive been doing a lot of reading but havent covered much on that. guess ill look into it next.
Images that aren't crisp or sharp are referred to as soft. The pictures of the yellow flowers seem a little soft. The picture of the white flowers looks a little sharper/in focus. How much sharpening did you apply in post processing?
also, if i bumped the exposure on many of these shots i was getting areas blown out
It's not just bumping the exposure, you have to consider how the light is falling on your subjects. Understanding what the light is doing is key to learning how to take good photographs. Photography is all about knowing how to capture the light. For the yellow flowers, which are facing away from the light a bit you could have either used the popup flash for fill flash or you could have used something white as a reflector and redirect some light towards the face of the flowers to help illuminate them a little more. It's not something you would know to do intuitively, it's something you learn about as you grow as a photographer.

It's still recommended that you post only a few images and then provide a link to your on-line gallery for the people who want to check out the rest of your pictures. Lots of pictures in a thread is rough on the servers and can slow down load time for those on slow internet connections.Images that aren't crisp or sharp are referred to as soft. The pictures of the yellow flowers seem a little soft. The picture of the white flowers looks a little sharper/in focus. How much sharpening did you apply in post processing?It's not just bumping the exposure, you have to consider how the light is falling on your subjects. Understanding what the light is doing is key to learning how to take good photographs. Photography is all about knowing how to capture the light. For the yellow flowers, which are facing away from the light a bit you could have either used the popup flash for fill flash or you could have used something white as a reflector and redirect some light towards the face of the flowers to help illuminate them a little more. It's not something you would know to do intuitively, it's something you learn about as you grow as a photographer.

ok thanks a lot. from now on ill only post a few photos. sorry about that.

ok, i see what u mean by soft now, i wasnt quite getting it. on the yellow flowers i didnt really apply much sharpening in PP, i believe i did a little more on the white ones bc i wanted the detail from the center of the flower to pop a little more.

yea, i definately have a lot to learn about lighting etc, thanks a lot. this is only my 2nd week with a dslr and actually knowing what exposure, etc means. someone told me if i know what fstop and shutterspeed is by now and how to shoot in manual mode im doing alright for a start haha.

i got a lot to learn and i look forward to it, thanks for the reply, thats the exact kind of comment/criticism i need. :thumbup:

Are you shooting in RAW? You can fix most of your minor issues in Photoshop Camera Raw such as the exposure, white balance, and even the CA with almost no effort. I'm just learning the full capabilities of it but it's actually wayyy more useful than I thought it was. Just a recommendation, if you read up on RAW vs. JPEG you can see why most people shoot in RAW (including me now).

Are you shooting in RAW? You can fix most of your minor issues in Photoshop Camera Raw such as the exposure, white balance, and even the CA with almost no effort. I'm just learning the full capabilities of it but it's actually wayyy more useful than I thought it was. Just a recommendation, if you read up on RAW vs. JPEG you can see why most people shoot in RAW (including me now).
yes, i read a big article on it the other day and have been shooting in raw. im using corel paint shop pro, havent gotten the full hang of it. ill read up and see what all i can fix in PP. its got a smart photo fix on it which most of the time looks pretty good. i just think its a easy way out and id like to learn myself as i go through trial and error and critiques :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back