A few more from the Astronikon shoot

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have way too many and I may leak some as the snow falls. Astro took the time to go over shutter speed, ISO, and the effects working within an aperture range. I think he dialed me in as I adjust aperture last. He really is very helpful and his not yelling at me works a little smoother, or at least his toned down yelling. I really felt way more confident coming out of this session with him. He said we are going to work with off camera flash next time out. He must have intuitively known I wasn't ready as that was what we we were going to do. He is pretty unique in his teaching style, if I screw up, he is laid back. I have a feeling he will kick my ass if I venture off into blind shots. He is awesome!

1. Clear wing hummingbird moth, been jonesing to capture this creature adequately.
DSC_0039e2.jpg

DSC_0053e2.jpg

DSC_0085e2.jpg

Nice; great work on that last one especially.
Thanks, pretty much out of camera other than a crop on all 3. The D3300 viewfinder is not accurate and it drives me insane. I am frustrated on my eye view composition and the end result. I can't seem to figure out how to overcome what I see as third cross points in viewfinder. They are not there so I go by what I know, it bites me every time. It is always off. I must be stupid.

Nice!!

Love these!

Nice set, I still have my 100/2.8 (not been able to sell it yet) canon macro lens, and its tough shooting these kind of shots with it. You did very well here.

Nice set, I still have my 100/2.8 (not been able to sell it yet) canon macro lens, and its tough shooting these kind of shots with it. You did very well here.
Thanks. Have really found the monopod useful once I figured how to use it to my advantage. I bought a vanguard tilt head for it which makes it almost perfect.

I have way too many and I may leak some as the snow falls. Astro took the time to go over shutter speed, ISO, and the effects working within an aperture range. I think he dialed me in as I adjust aperture last. He really is very helpful and his not yelling at me works a little smoother, or at least his toned down yelling. I really felt way more confident coming out of this session with him. He said we are going to work with off camera flash next time out. He must have intuitively known I wasn't ready as that was what we we were going to do. He is pretty unique in his teaching style, if I screw up, he is laid back. I have a feeling he will kick my ass if I venture off into blind shots. He is awesome!
LOL .. the coaching comes from coaching kids 4 - 14 yr olds soccer, girls more specifically. You can't yell at girls .. they have emotional meltdowns .. didn't want you to have one. LOL You have to be supportive of the existing results and give recommendations to improve (then repeat ad nauseam); which is my style.

Love the Hummingbird moth. I've been trying to find one of those for ages since I first saw one over 10 years ago.

The place we were at was just outside a small town that had an old single room church. This was difficult as the broken down merry-go-round was in the dark shade and the church was in the bright sunlight. Highlights -100 lol
20160924_Flowers2-1 by Steve Sklar, on Flickr

also this cactus in B&W seems like neat lines
20160924_Flowers-71 by Steve Sklar, on Flickr

Most reactions

New Topics

Back