a few more from The Hawk Conservancy

These owls take up funny shapes when they are in landing approach! Cool captures. Well - someone who can get flying planes into his frames MUST know how to get birds well framed ... stomping on imaginary snakes or soaring the skies or being in landing approach to their vantage point. More celebrations? :boogie: :boogie:

LaFoto said:
These owls take up funny shapes when they are in landing approach! Cool captures. Well - someone who can get flying planes into his frames MUST know how to get birds well framed ... stomping on imaginary snakes or soaring the skies or being in landing approach to their vantage point. More celebrations? :boogie: :boogie:

I can keep a plane travelling at 650mph in the frame better than a bird flying at about 30mph let alone a Peregrine Falcon swooping at 100+mph now that is a fast bird !!

Problem with trying to keep a bird in the frame is that your not really sure of what is going to do next where as a plane has a much wider turning circle so you have a better idea of where its going. But I much prefer to photograph birds than planes. It fells better when you get that perfect shot :D

Hoppy said:
I love the owl shot

The expression on its face is something else, it looks like its trying soooo hard to land :lol:

oh wow, the 1 is absolutly my favorit ... it loogs great ...
the other one also very nice

Nice ones! I love the one of the owl coming in for the landing....such focus (by the bird)(and you)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back