A few more from the sweet sixteen session...

Lacey Anne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.laceyanne.photoreflect.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Maybe these won't be as controversial? lol! Give me C&C, please. I always want to learn and do better and I've grown SO MUCH since joining this forum. I appreciate all the C&C (even the ones that made me cry) that I've been given.

#1 Yes, I manual focused this one with my 50mm!
DSC_0011.jpg

#2 Does she look stiff in this?
DSC_0018.jpg

#3 Is this conversion too muddy?
DSC_0031bw.jpg

#4 There was a serious red cast on her face from the bricks. Is it still there? So hard to tell when you've stared at it for a while, kwim?
DSC_0065.jpg

Very nice! My favorites are #1, 3, and 4. I don't see a red cast in #4, but I am afraid that in the process of getting rid of the cast, you may have lost her STUNNING eye color. Here eyes just seem gray. But, I really still like the pic, I just think it would be super awesome with her amazing eyes, especially with that smile! Beautiful!

She looks a bit awkward in no. 2, as you've pointed out. Very unnatural-looking pose for her.

She has a great smile - she should do it more, so no. 4 is definitely my favourite of the bunch. I'd prefer either no. 1 or 3 if she looked a bit happier in them, if you know what I mean? She doesn't look quite as relaxed as would be ideal.

I like them all from a technical point though - you did a great job there.

Very nice! My favorites are #1, 3, and 4. I don't see a red cast in #4, but I am afraid that in the process of getting rid of the cast, you may have lost her STUNNING eye color. Here eyes just seem gray. But, I really still like the pic, I just think it would be super awesome with her amazing eyes, especially with that smile! Beautiful!
The loss of eye color really came from the red cast, I think. I'm still fiddling with bringing it back... Thanks for the comments!

She looks a bit awkward in no. 2, as you've pointed out. Very unnatural-looking pose for her.

She has a great smile - she should do it more, so no. 4 is definitely my favourite of the bunch. I'd prefer either no. 1 or 3 if she looked a bit happier in them, if you know what I mean? She doesn't look quite as relaxed as would be ideal.

I like them all from a technical point though - you did a great job there.
Yup, she doesn't like to smile. lol! I worked hard for the few smiles I got.

Ironically, while I do think she looks quite awkward in #2, it's one of her favorites. lol!

Yup, she doesn't like to smile. lol! I worked hard for the few smiles I got.

Ironically, while I do think she looks quite awkward in #2, it's one of her favorites. lol!

People are overly critical of themselves in all the wrong places, unfortunately. She probably likes no.2 because it's quite striking with all the red, and she can't see anything wrong with herself in the shot; whereas a clean mind with no experiences of her can see she looks fairly awkward, unrelaxed and self-conscious.

That's life though, and I know we all suffer from the same faults!

Give me C&C, please. I always want to learn and do better and I've grown SO MUCH since joining this forum.
Don't cry ... take the c&c and do exactly as you have stated with it. I think someone else mentioned that the client's don't always see things the way photographer's do - so you do have some wiggle room with them. But I am sure your ultimate goal is NOT to be "good enough".

1-3 could stand to use a higher camera angle. If you are looking up a nose, raise the camera. This also helps with chins disappearing into necks. 2 & 3 especially - but by contrast look at number 4 where you have a higher camera angle. Plently of definition. If you find yourself with no other options but a lower camera angle, don't be afraid to have the subject extend their chin (turkey neck style) and tilt it down a little. It will be uncomfortable and unusual for them, just let them know that as a pro - hey will be happy they followed your direction (and you can prove it with the results!)

Number four is the best of the series with the exception to the blown highlights.

These are nice. Did you do anything to her eyes in PP?

Don't cry ... take the c&c and do exactly as you have stated with it. I think someone else mentioned that the client's don't always see things the way photographer's do - so you do have some wiggle room with them. But I am sure your ultimate goal is NOT to be "good enough".

1-3 could stand to use a higher camera angle. If you are looking up a nose, raise the camera. This also helps with chins disappearing into necks. 2 & 3 especially - but by contrast look at number 4 where you have a higher camera angle. Plently of definition. If you find yourself with no other options but a lower camera angle, don't be afraid to have the subject extend their chin (turkey neck style) and tilt it down a little. It will be uncomfortable and unusual for them, just let them know that as a pro - hey will be happy they followed your direction (and you can prove it with the results!)

Number four is the best of the series with the exception to the blown highlights.
Thanks for the honest C&C, Jim. I appreciate it. I don't cry now. Just in the beginning. ;) Now I take it with a grain of salt and the desire to learn.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back