a few night shots from the big easy

nakedyak

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.pbase.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
In new orleans for business for a day, was able to get out a little bit tonight and get some shots on the river before it got too dark. Nothin fancy, hope you enjoy them

75310939.jpg

75310941.jpg

75310937.jpg

75310938.jpg

75310936.jpg

75310942.jpg

last picture of the paddle boat and the bridge i swear
original.jpg

#1, #6, and #7 appeal the most to me the exposure and everything is great

I like the composition in #1. Usually I'd want less water but I love how the colors are reflected. Everythings so.. sparkley.
I'm impressed with the exposure. You got it bang on in every picture.
Great work!

I like the composition in #1. Usually I'd want less water but I love how the colors are reflected. Everythings so.. sparkley.
I'm impressed with the exposure. You got it bang on in every picture.
Great work!

That's why I included 2 other versions of the pictures with less water, and also, i liked the sparkly water reflections, so its fun to include that. thanks for the comment

7 is my favourite, really nice light which must have been difficult with so much water and sky. I tried and failed many a time with similar.

Great to see the Cajun Queen looking so well. Was the Natchez docked while you were there ? Although its usually sailing at dusk. Great memories for me there, married on the Natchez.

great shots, now I see why you call mine a bit dark, as you have very bright skies here, certainly brighter than it was for your eyes?

This effect works with most of your images here. Ony with number 5 I do not really like it too much.

Those photos bring back some fond memories from a trip we made a few years ago. After dinner every night my wife and I would go for a short walk along the boardwalk. Very nice.

Eric

I vote for #7 as well. I actually like the look of #1, except it's so top heavy that it throws me off.

7 is my favourite, really nice light which must have been difficult with so much water and sky. I tried and failed many a time with similar.

Great to see the Cajun Queen looking so well. Was the Natchez docked while you were there ? Although its usually sailing at dusk. Great memories for me there, married on the Natchez.

Yes, the Natchez was docked right behind the Cajun Queen, you might be able to see part of it on the right in #7. It was too close to the dock to get any decent pictures of it.

Thanks for the comment. I had to jump over the rail at the edge of the dock, and put my tripod right next to the edge of the boardwalk so I could get #7, otherwise there was too much railing from the boardwalk. I just had to wait for the right time of night, even then I had wished for a better blue, but i think it worked out allright.

great shots, now I see why you call mine a bit dark, as you have very bright skies here, certainly brighter than it was for your eyes?

This effect works with most of your images here. Ony with number 5 I do not really like it too much.

These pictures were shot at dusk when the sky was still not black, but more blue and purpleish. Your shots seem to be shot after dusk is over, and they look slightly underexposed. Next time, shoot right after the sun goes down for about a half an hour until all the light is gone, and bracket the exposures, sometimes it works to overexpose a little bit, which is what I think I did here.

Most reactions

Back