A few night shots

elchrispy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
A few night shots that turned out decent for the camera I'm using. I'm using a Fuji Finepix 3.2 megapixel until I can afford something better. Here they are. Let me know honestly what you think. Thanks.

120598265.jpg

120598269.jpg

It took me a while to understand your point of view and perspective in the first photo, but then I realised you photographed these chimes and take us looking upwards toward the ceiling of your porch (?), with the camera steadied against the wall? Without a tripod and the chance to set your camera to self-timer, you can only go so far as to exposure times, of course, after which you will still produce some camera shake because you just can't keep it that steady for 2 seconds or more (other than JonMikal. He can! For example... I, howeven, canNOT...:roll: ). Therefore I see why Photo 1 is so dark. It could, however, have done with a longer exposure.

I wonder where you rested your camera for Photo 2?
That, too, could have done with a little longer exposure.

One thing that I have only recently learnt from no where else but this very forum (!) is: use the smallest aperture your camera offers for nighttime photography - and consequently quite long exposures, which is why you would need to mount your camera on a tripod, and if it only be a miniature tripod such as my "weapon"*, which measures 4 inches when pushed together, and 12 with the legs extended. That will make any light sources that get into your photos less "blob-by" and more "star-ry".

Thanks for the pointers and yes, it is my porch ;) . On the second one, i rested it on the bed rail of my neighbor's truck.

The only problem however, my camera will not let me adjust aperature settings or exposure time settings. It's all automatic. That's why i NEED a new camera. lol

Most reactions

Back