A Few Odd Shots - 35mm Film

urufan56

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.ehphotography.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I am just getting into film photography and I wanted to show you guys some work I did with my dads old Canon AE-1.

Note: (All Pictures)

Canon AE-1
Canon 50mm f/1.4 Focus Lense
Fuji Color Film (ISO 100) - Developed at Walmart :thumbup:

Just click on my "Website" link in my signature to see the photos.

Not really an alternative techique, but sure, OK. You might get more responses in the 'Website' forum.

That being said, Though only three photographs I do love the color and the detail in them. Can't tell if they're snapshots or intimate compositions. Can't tell if they're good or bad. I'm not a trained critic. But I do respond to them in a general way, espscially since i just spent the day at my local NWR for some nature photography of my own with my XG-1. Not half bad. Keep posting.

Thanks! Yeah, I didn't expect them to be much any good. Just trying to get a feel for the Canon AE-1. Anyway, thanks for the reply!

They look good. I admire you for using film for starters. Film photography for me is much more challenging than digital where complications are lesser than the former. In film, you have to develop them. Measure the correct chemica content in use, and if you scan them you can further edit them in Elements or photoshop. Now for your next step, try to learn developing film. You don't need an enlarger. You can scan and edit then print. Tom Ang has a book that teaches how to develop film. It's easy. Even a high schooler or grade schooler can do it. Keep it up!

Last edited:
Thanks for all the replies! Sorry, I haven't been on here in a long time! Also, I used FujiColor Superia X-tra 100 ISO Film.

BTW: Today I picked up another lens for my camera. It is a Quantaray 28-70mm f/3.5-f/4.5 zoom lens. It's pretty nice! (Seems mint condition) Plus it was only $14.00 bucks!

Urufan, first off, I applaud you for using film in a world saturated with digital users. Secondly, you're already on the right foot using Fuji over Kodak for colour film (IMO anyway. Kodak is too yellow for my taste), but if you want some amazingly vivid photos, try shooting Fuji Reala. It's an ISO 100 film that behaves more like a 200 or 400, but still gives you the fine grain of 100. Definitely worth checking out.

I moved this thread - just a bit - out of the Alternative forum and into the Film Discussion, since the subject moved towards that. ;)

But yes - the simple use of film is not quite an alternative process - just yet. :lol: We film geeks have a ways to go yet.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back