Website
www.facebook.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2011080333.jpg

20110731_5.jpg

20110728_126.jpg

CSC_0142.jpg

My laptop isn't calibrated so I'm not sure about the color. I'm just a beginner so any C&C is welcome!

#3 is your best of the bunch! nice shot.
Not digging the softness of 1 (too much glamour glow?), and the fake blurred vignette thing on #4 (fence in #4 also not desirable).

Frame #3. it's a winner. (maybe convert to BW?)

The softening has to go on #1, it looks super cheesy.

I feel as if #2 needs a crop, the chain link fence in the background makes the photo feel like a snapshot, albeit a lucky one. Also, the converging colors on her bathing suit and the ball are distracting.

#3, as said before, is your best shot. I wouldn't have softened it as much as you did, but it is still pleasing to the eye.

I actually like the composure of #4, but like I said earlier, the softening kills it for me.

ps watermarks are for lame noobs.

C&C per req:

1. This is a cute shot; I like the idea, but the composition is a little tight for my taste. Cropping limbs is fine if you need to, but always do it boldly and never around/through a joint (the right elbow). I'm also not a fan of the soft focus here; I'll assume that it's intentional, but I would prefer it sharply focused.

2. A standard cute snap-shot, but that's really all it is.

3. Not bad at all. Some fill lighting image left would have helped greatly. Consider using a reflector.

4. This one doesn't work especially IMO. The monochrome conversion is very mid-tone rich and lacking any distinct white or black nor does the blur add anything. The difference between a snapshot and a photograph is often the treatment of the background. Chainlink is rarely a good photographic background.

Overall, they're not a bed set of images, and doubtless with a great deal of meaning to you. As a thought, consider other subjects. Your own children are often not the best choice, since harsh critique can tend to be upsetting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Just checking out your pictures. Your daughter is really cute.. I like # 3 by far the most.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back