A few photos for CC for my 1000th post :)

er111a

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
er111a.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1)
017-1.jpg

2)
lillyab.jpg

Thanks for looking and your thoughts.

Congrats on your 1000th post! :peacesign:
I actually had to look at these several times before I could decide how I feel about them... but I think i decided that I like them. A lot. Yep, i definitely think i like them. At first i wasn't sure about the PP, (neither of them really look like photos anymore to me) but I think they look pretty cool. The first one looks like a painting and the second one looks almost like the leaves are made of metal or something. Pretty cool. The only things I'm not sure about are the top of the first one and the color of the second one. I feel like if you cropped off the top of the first one, under where the gray-ish leaves on the left are, it would look better. Also, the bright pink flower is throwing me off for some reason, like it doesn't really go there or something.

In my opinion, that last one would like absolutly FANTASTIC if it were in black and white with the flower in full colour.

The shots are over exposed. You'd recognize this if you were not so focused on PP.

program mode + matrix metering + dark background = blown highlights

You should have recognized this when you shot the frame by checking the histogram and then adjusting the exposure compensation.

But then, you're more interested in screwing with photoshop than learning photography.

Congrats on 1000 wasted learning opportunities.

thanks thats real helpful sleist. At least I try to improve and not make a ass out of mysef

If the images work for him then leave it. I personally don't like #2 and agree with Rrr3319 with cropping out the grey leaves. Constructive criticism is good but you just insulted instead.

I respectfully disagree, but will refrain from further comment to the OP.

But then, you're more interested in screwing with photoshop than learning photography.

Congrats on 1000 wasted learning opportunities.
Maybe I took this the wrong way if so I am sorry

No, you took it exactly as I intended it. I would elaborate, but it's clear my time would be wasted. Good luck in your artistic endeavors.

Most reactions

Back