a few pictures around teh farm

ats

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I have this Olympus 2.5MPixels CCD 3xZoom model C-2500L, lense 9.2~28mm 1:2.8-3.9 @43mm. It is set to Auto aperture (sorry if that is a disapointment!) I am learning how to use it manually..

Today was just too nice of a day to not try my hand around the farm

First gigantic ibiscus flower near the house, I am not completly please with these shots as I never managed to get the entire stem and flower all in focus, but all in all its a pretty good series.

P7150124.JPG

P7150125.JPG

the bed of vegetation that I though would be nice to shoot. found it to be a calming desktop!

P7150128.JPG

I call this one, "life on the farm", It struck me as a very peacefull image, though after examining and self critic I realize I could of found a better example or angle to shot from, as the houses are just distracting from the image..

P7150130.JPG

This plant started growing at the foot of a small oak, and I was challenged for 20 mins to get the spines details to show properly, overhall a very nice exercise in macro mode.

P7150133.JPG

These following ones are a series taken on another Oak tree, it is covered in wildlife buszzing about, because of the sap, everything from ants to flying insects are about it.... Found it challenging with a 9am bright sun, though leaves the "what I see and what the lense see's" are two different beasts.. but I think I got pretty good shots there.

P7150136.JPG

P7150140.JPG

Then I stubbled on a very healthy predator in the branches, this huge "banana" spider.. I tried hard to get the web to completly show clearly, maybe a tighter aperture next time? I did not want to make a boring flat surface (over above insect), so if anyone got suggestions on this one please do, I also work my angle so that the sun would shine through teh darkness of the leaves (near trunk of large oak) to give it a little of an earry look to the spider.

P7150148.JPG

Comments very welcomed .

welcome, and nice stuff!
the spider is cool, so much detail, i can't imagine making it better. it doesn't seem eerie to me though, i think it's a happy photo
and i agree, the "bed of vegetation" one would be a great wallpaper.

your images are kinda big though... keep the 800x600 dialup audience in mind :shock:

And I was doing so good until I scrolled onto the spider shot. Now I'm having flashbacks from my summer in Florida a few years ago when I was acosted by both one of those and a silk spider in the same day. Ever seen/heard a grown man scream like a 4 year just spanked in a K-Mart? :lol:

StvShoop said:
your images are kinda big though... keep the 800x600 dialup audience in mind :shock:

Sorry I will lower the sizes next time I have a chance

Welcom :cool:

Great shots, thanks for posting them.

2 things:

I have a photo of the plant you took in macro too. Do you know what it is?

Also, I love the spider! It's by far the best spider photo I have yet seen!

anyone has one of those water droplets on spider web photos?!

I'm impressed with all your pics, nice work!
I gotta ask though, just how big is that flower in the first shot?

mrsid99 said:
I'm impressed with all your pics, nice work!
I gotta ask though, just how big is that flower in the first shot?

well Ibiscus are huge flower, that perticular one was ~ 10-12" across.

Thanks for all the vote of confidence, it was a good day...

as for the spider picture I took15 of them from various angles to get a clean one..

as for that little plant with the spider body, I have no idea, but it was a challenge to get the spines to show properly.. 25 shots or so..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back