A few pictures from the Coeur d' Alene River. C&C welcome

Sachphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
These are a few from my recent drive around the Coeur d' Alene River in the Idaho Panhandle. Only minor processing work done. I am very happy with my new d300. The pictures are great and the metering is so so much better!

1. Only PP done was crop and Convert to B&W
house.jpg

2. Boosted Saturation slightly and mild contrast
WaterRock.jpg

3. Boosted Saturation slightly and balanced levels.
CDARIVERBRIDGECL.jpg

4. This Image was taken through a Red filter to boost the contrast of the scene. Only PP done was to convert to B&W.
CDARIVERBRIDGE.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Cheers.

Overall, you have provided a nice look into the surroundings up there. Idaho is a beautiful place.

The first shot.....I like the pano crop and the conversion, but for me the strip of bright snow in the foreground should be cropped as well.

The second shot.....I think it would have been better to shoot in low light. The harshness of the light does not provide enough contrast to make anything stand out (though I like the texture of the grass in the upper portion). Also, you might try varying shutter speeds to get more of a "smooth" appearance to the moving whitewater (nd filters can help as well). At this shutter speed, the white areas look spindly and not as appealing. Part of that issue is related to the time of day and your limitations with shutter speed versus exposure. Does that makes sense?

The third shot.....looks a bit washed out too (though you did well not to have anything blown out). And, I wonder if the scene would have worked better had you not put the bridge right in the center of the frame? It still works because the bridge itself is very interesting, but you might experiment with angles that aren't so "spot on".

The fourth shot....the filter helped quite a bit with the contrast and definition. The leafless decidous tree on the far left, for example, is much better with the conversion (esp. with the contrast from the evergreen background.

I like the idea of the pano format, but I think it's too narrow for me. My eyes want to see more.

It's a tough one. Composition-wise I think it lacks more interest. I see what your going for though. The rock on the lower left bothers me too.

I'm not keen on either one personally. Of the two, the b&w works well with this one though.

Overall, you have provided a nice look into the surroundings up there. Idaho is a beautiful place.

The first shot.....I like the pano crop and the conversion, but for me the strip of bright snow in the foreground should be cropped as well.

The second shot.....I think it would have been better to shoot in low light. The harshness of the light does not provide enough contrast to make anything stand out (though I like the texture of the grass in the upper portion). Also, you might try varying shutter speeds to get more of a "smooth" appearance to the moving whitewater (nd filters can help as well). At this shutter speed, the white areas look spindly and not as appealing. Part of that issue is related to the time of day and your limitations with shutter speed versus exposure. Does that makes sense?

The third shot.....looks a bit washed out too (though you did well not to have anything blown out). And, I wonder if the scene would have worked better had you not put the bridge right in the center of the frame? It still works because the bridge itself is very interesting, but you might experiment with angles that aren't so "spot on".

The fourth shot....the filter helped quite a bit with the contrast and definition. The leafless decidous tree on the far left, for example, is much better with the conversion (esp. with the contrast from the evergreen background.

Define washed out.
I used a nd filter but am not happy with the one I have.(getting a new one) Mine looked all fogy and not clean and dark. So you think I needed a longer exposure?

The house picture was not anything special really. I think a close angle with a wide angle lens would have been better. It was more of a random shot really. I have probably about 10 different shots of it.
I really like using the Red filter for B&W. I got that look that I have been trying for. IT's kinda weird reviewing your picture when they are all red and orange! Thank you for your info.

Kinda hoped I would get more feedback..........

Most reactions

Back