A few portraits from yesterday

I like all of these. Those boys eyes... someone's going to have to beat the girls off with a stick when he gets older!

I like all of these. Those boys eyes... someone's going to have to beat the girls off with a stick when he gets older!

Thanks. He's smart as a whip too.

do the colors on this look okay? i need to do something about this monitor here at work... it doesn't look anything like the other screen I edited it on.

Last edited:
I would add a little more contrast to the set.

That's just my opinion, but they seem flat.

I couldn't adjust the WB correctly, but this is close to what I was trying to portray
$braineak-1.JPG

i think you took it past the point of no return.

i think you took it past the point of no return.

Well I tried to warm it up and add contrast, but I was working with a JPEG.

When I went warmer, it didn't necessarily "warm" like a raw file.

The contrast didn't act the same way it does with a raw file either.

do the colors on this look okay? i need to do something about this monitor here at work... it doesn't look anything like the other screen I edited it on.

On my monitor it's showing a bit of a red tint - and I'm guessing you know about the blown highlights on his shoulder and her forehead. Focus is spot on. Lovely portrait all in all.

Last edited:

On my monitor it's showing a bit of a red tint - and I'm guessing you know about the blown highlights on his shoulder and her forehead. Focus is spot on. Lovely portrait all in all.

yeah if it doesn't look red it looks green. not much I can do about the shoulder blow-out; forehead isn't quite 255 on the red channel. I think the reflection from all the grass and trees in front of them just gave it an odd cast, giving me a bit of trouble--i'm starting to think i did something screwy before I exported it to PS cause the rest of the shots didn't quite look this way.

I fixed it, my yellow channel on the LR output was set to like negative 40 when i exported, so that made everything look odd and hard to correct.

Most reactions

Back