Photos NOT OK to edit
C&C PLEASE!

DSC_0320-small.jpg

DSC_1402.jpg

DSC_1380.jpg

DSC_0966.jpg

DSC_0851.jpg

DSC_0722.jpg

I really like #1 alot but I wish her hair wasn't covering her eye. Its still a really nice photo.

#1 - Nice comfortable pose. The hair covering her eyes would have been better brushed away.

#2 - An excellent shot of the girl. Even though it's bokehed, I just wish the car wasn't in the background. It's just too discernable.

#3 - Again, another very nice capture of the girls expression. The circles of light in the background are distracting to me. Don't mean to sound distasteful, but I would lighten her pits a bit.

#4 - Unnatural crop of Grandma's head and arms.

#5 - Send this to your candidate of choice that wants a patriotic couple with a caption reading "I support....(whoever)"

#6 - Beautiful eyes.

Keep shooting!

#1 - Nice comfortable pose. The hair covering her eyes would have been better brushed away.

#2 - An excellent shot of the girl. Even though it's bokehed, I just wish the car wasn't in the background. It's just too discernable.

#3 - Again, another very nice capture of the girls expression. The circles of light in the background are distracting to me. Don't mean to sound distasteful, but I would lighten her pits a bit.

#4 - Unnatural crop of Grandma's head and arms.

#5 - Send this to your candidate of choice that wants a patriotic couple with a caption reading "I support....(whoever)"

#6 - Beautiful eyes.

Keep shooting!

thanks thats my grandparents, and the baby is my cousins baby (i guess that means second cusin? lol) :blushing:

I was serious about sending that to a candidate of choise. Think about it. Perhaps cloning out the house number.

I think you should work with the girl in 2 & 3 as much as possible. She's a natural.

I'm not always a hardass.

Oh I love these! Only CC for me - brighten them up a bit and add a little contrast. I sharpened the eyes on the couple and I think it really brings them out now. ;) And that baby is adorable! GREAT JOB!

DSC_0722.jpg

DSC_0320-small.jpg

Oh I love these! Only CC for me - brighten them up a bit and add a little contrast. I sharpened the eyes on the couple and I think it really brings them out now. ;) And that baby is adorable! GREAT JOB!

Hey Kathi,

Is there any chance you have a tutorial on how you sharpened those eyes? I have a couple...a few...okay, the whole friggin' lot on trying to brighten the eyes. Any help is much appreciated.

hey I found a tutorial on youtube on how to whiten teeth that totally rocks my world, I would LOVE the eye thing. Pretty please? sugar on top? um maybe there already is one. I should look. No, no I said I was going to bed. Someone else look?

Here is what I do - don't know if it's right or not but it usually works out ok. ;)
I don't have photoshop. I use a cheapy editing program that came with my camera. SO things are somewhat the same but I dont know how your tools work if you have PS.
What I did with joey's photo's, both of them.
I brightened the midtones a bit to bump up the exposure.
then I added a tiny bit of contrast.
then I used the unsharp mask, for me there were no particular 'settings' of the unsharp mask for these, just til I thought it looked right.
Then I made the whites of the eyes a tiny but brighter ( I have a lighten tool I don't know what you guys have.)
Then I used my sharpen tool, zoomed in very close and sharpened only the eyeball with the tool.

I think that is it. Sometimes to give it a softness I add smart blur but that can make it look plastic so it doesn't always work.
Hope that helps and have fun trying! :)

Oh yeah and in tkme4ard's post called 'posting these again' I explained how I did the ees with layering on that. I only did the layering though because there was an example shown of eyes that are VERY sharp. THe kind that needs layering. However I did have to paint the eye whites there rather than simply lightenening them because there was redness and the painting looks crappy so ignore my paint! I am not a painter. ;) LOL

Oh yeah and in tkme4ard's post called 'posting these again' I explained how I did the ees with layering on that. I only did the layering though because there was an example shown of eyes that are VERY sharp. THe kind that needs layering. However I did have to paint the eye whites there rather than simply lightenening them because there was redness and the painting looks crappy so ignore my paint! I am not a painter. ;) LOL

Thanks Kathi,

I have a bastardized version of PS and trying to learn as much as I care to from it. (I'm still of the opinion to get it as close to right out of the camera first) Actually, I have one image I have worked on that I have considered posting. Granted, to those that are proficient, what I've done may fall well short of the mark, but I am pleased with the result so far.

I will attempt to massage what your workflow is to mine, with different applications and what not. (I just read what I just wrote and it doesn't make much sense, but I know what I'm thinking...no wait a minute, I have no idea what I'm thinking).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back