A few random candids

crawdaddio

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
This is really not my forte, so please give advice and critiques. Thanks for looking!

Nisha.jpg

Nishashand.jpg

Thethreeofus.jpg

Allyatdusk.jpg

Margret.jpg

oohh... #4 and 5 are cool shots!
I like how the light hits her in 4.

nice candids craw....... i like 2&5 best :thumbup:

danalec99 said:
oohh... #4 and 5 are cool shots!
I like how the light hits her in 4.

I totally agree! Very nice series!

I like the first picture, although I think I would have liked to see all of the earring.
I am not crazy about the second picture, while I like the composition and pose, the out of focus part throws me.
I absolutely LOVE the third picture. I think it is unique and the look on the girls face through the reflection is priceless!
I really like number 4 but I find the chair and the drink distracting but great lighting and a great look to her face.
And I like the last one but her face is a bit underexposed compared to the background. But that one looks like it was shot in some harsh sun.

Good Job overall!!

just for the record

I think five would make a damn fine verticle 8x10 as well... I cant see the purpose for the open space on the right.

But then this is a rudundant point since I make it all the time...

They are nice black and white shots regardless nice job....

Absolutely on four as well.

I had a hard time adapting from 6x6 to 35mm because of the framing. I had been used to just shooting it and let the lab fix it. Then when I switched the studio to mostly 35mm wedding candits it was hard to get used to turning the camera up for verticle shots. In 35mm at first especially you couldnt afford the loss of image quality to change the crop. So it was turn the camera for verticle shots.

When the digitals were no more then 4 and 5 megs it was pretty much the same thing as 35mm. Now with the 8 or more mega pix you can crop them im told. I still think it is best to turn the camera but ..... I am told the bounce flash will kill you if you turn it. So My son in law crops them now. back to shooting like a 6x6

By the way number 1 is the classic man with the cigar in reverse. Woman with ear rings. lol

Not too crazy about #1... Tehre's something I find distracting, maybe seeing her whole face would hace made it for me.

Love #2, #3's POV is very creative and I love the expression on the lady on the last pic.

Great work!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back