A few recent street shots

I liked the panning shot, and also liked the M-Power car shot! Good shooting dude!

I liked the panning shot, and also liked the M-Power car shot! Good shooting dude!

Thanks Derrel! The others with the exception of the man playing guitar -who I included in this set for the sole purpose of my gratitude towards him for letting me take the shot in the first place- were more a practice of spotting interesting light as well as using my new camera at night set to 6400 ISO.

I see exactly what you mean, now that you mention it. The last photo, the people walking on the street, with light from the car backlighting them and casting nifty shadows on the sidewalk, is a pretty good exercise in SEEING the light. Indeed! Same with the guy walking by the steel fence's shadows, although that is more of a permanent light/permanent shadow kinda thing than the fleeting light-from-a-passing car moment.

Not to put too fine a point on this, but you've now moved to a FF camera, with superior High-ISO performance, good low-light performance, and very capable low-light focusing. You now own a camera that is more-capable than basically any small hand-holdable 35mm style camera made in the entire 20th century, and in the very first few days of ownership, you've come to see the way "the camera" you use can impact the kinds of photographs you can make. Your Milky Way night shot in the other thread speaks to this, the capability a modern FF d-slr brings with it. Now that you've been shooting a few years, you're able to immediately leverage the new tool!

I grew up with the FM and FE-2 and the F3. I would trade all three for an old D70.

I see exactly what you mean, now that you mention it. The last photo, the people walking on the street, with light from the car backlighting them and casting nifty shadows on the sidewalk, is a pretty good exercise in SEEING the light. Indeed! Same with the guy walking by the steel fence's shadows, although that is more of a permanent light/permanent shadow kinda thing than the fleeting light-from-a-passing car moment.

Not to put too fine a point on this, but you've now moved to a FF camera, with superior High-ISO performance, good low-light performance, and very capable low-light focusing. You now own a camera that is more-capable than basically any small hand-holdable 35mm style camera made in the entire 20th century, and in the very first few days of ownership, you've come to see the way "the camera" you use can impact the kinds of photographs you can make. Your Milky Way night shot in the other thread speaks to this, the capability a modern FF d-slr brings with it. Now that you've been shooting a few years, you're able to immediately leverage the new tool!

I grew up with the FM and FE-2 and the F3. I would trade all three for an old D70.

That's a very good point. Part of understanding what a Full Frame sensor was (as well as shooting film) helped me realize the difference, and when faced with a situation regularly (indoor sports) where a crop sensor was too tight as well as lacking in low light performance, I had a palpable reason to upgrade- for specific reasons. Having known ahead of time what the differences would be, I was more easily able to put them into practice. Thankfully I was able to find a great deal on an awesome camera.

b

Nicely done. With the exception of the musician, these all have the little hints of narrative and ambiguity that make good street. I like "Stroll" the best for the light. I probably should not, because the pattern of lights means nothing, and is a bit of a cheap way to get visual interest, but I do like it so.

Bicycle and m power shots are real winners. Good work

I think the 1st shot has alot of potential but for some reason i just dont like it at all. I realize that your just messing around with a new camera trying to find interesting light sources but for some reason i just dont like it. Seems like there is alot going on in the picture and is very grainy (might just be my screen) and it seems like his face is very dark with a weird bright spot in the upper right of his forehead.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back