A Few Shots From my First Engagement Session...

dawssvt

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I looked through several e-session threads here before I went out today. I'm pretty satisfied with the shots from today for it being my first time, but I definitely see plenty of room for improvement.

C&C welcome...

714834799_mrgFy-L.jpg

714835582_ahxu8-L.jpg

714835035_yRm8V-L.jpg

4. I'm feeling like the post work should be dialed down some on this one. It's a tad too red. What do you think?
714835337_c8ugA-L.jpg

714835734_pGW9d-L.jpg

I am a beginner too. I will give my comments though.

1. I like, his face looks slightly over saturated.
2. Wish catchlights were better and that there wasn't a fluorescent bulb in that lamp. Good framing though
3. Love the idea, lighting, and colors. Pose looks unnatural to me. I bet they will like it though, and that is most important.
4. I actually love it. Color looks cool with this capture. I think their attire made this picture. Not sure if it will be one of their favorites, but it is mine.
5. Nice ring shot. Feels like a magazine ad. You might want to hit it with the dodge tool to brighten up the ring.

All in all I think you did very good, but as I said, I am no pro. My first engagement shoot was pretty humbling. Hope you learned as much as I did.

I am a beginner too. I will give my comments though.

1. I like, his face looks slightly over saturated.
2. Wish catchlights were better and that there wasn't a fluorescent bulb in that lamp. Good framing though
3. Love the idea, lighting, and colors. Pose looks unnatural to me. I bet they will like it though, and that is most important.
4. I actually love it. Color looks cool with this capture. I think their attire made this picture. Not sure if it will be one of their favorites, but it is mine.
5. Nice ring shot. Feels like a magazine ad. You might want to hit it with the dodge tool to brighten up the ring.

All in all I think you did very good, but as I said, I am no pro. My first engagement shoot was pretty humbling. Hope you learned as much as I did.

Thanks for the comment! They were standing between two adobe building - killing the color and #1 and #2 - I'll work on that more. Yea, I wish that bulb wasn't there either. I feel the same about #4. I'm not sure they will fall in love with it just due to the fact you can't see their faces, but I LOVE that shot!

Here is one more of the ring. The I need a macro lens :x

715308555_XuNan-L.jpg

A good set of shots. Here's some nit-picking:
#1 Bra strap showing; card in window;foot against the wall.
#2 needs some separation between head and lamp.
#4 appears to have a slight magenta cast (at least on my screen).

#5 is my favourite - could make a very good ad.

A good set of shots. Here's some nit-picking:
#1 Bra strap showing; card in window;foot against the wall.
#2 needs some separation between head and lamp.
#4 appears to have a slight magenta cast (at least on my screen).

#5 is my favourite - could make a very good ad.

Thanks for your comment. I will be changing the color cast on some of these on my final edit :mrgreen:

#3 she's thinking "what the hell does he think he's doing?"

i agree...she looks like she;s backing off.
she also doesnt look thrilled in #2.

great shots overall though!
nice job.

I really like the #3:) The idea is very good, realisation is ok.
#1 #2 are correct.
#4 I like the colours but this photo have nothing to tell me.
#5 I don't take it, nothing interesting IMHO.

:lol: Yea, the expression isn't the best!

i agree...she looks like she;s backing off.
she also doesnt look thrilled in #2.

great shots overall though!
nice job.

Thanks! :mrgreen:

I really like the #3:) The idea is very good, realisation is ok.
#1 #2 are correct.
#4 I like the colours but this photo have nothing to tell me.
#5 I don't take it, nothing interesting IMHO.

Thanks for the comment!

I was thinking more along the lines "take me here take me now"

:thumbup: Maybe that was what she was thinking?

I liked them all...but mostly: 1,3,5.

1st one looks very romantic...3rd one could be better if the girl had shown synchronized expressions. And in the 5th one.....loved that you focused on the ring....but if the face were bit more exposed it could be fantastic!

I really love Image #3, but she looks a little ..uncomfortable with the situation. Image #1 is nice too, kind of a casual sexy look..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back