a few shots, need feedback!

Tom3

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This first shot was taken with a Nikon D70 in Venice, Italy. I had to crop some garbage on the left.

3083237093_613932c98f_b.jpg

This next one was taken with an Olympus SP-500UZ, in a hotel room. We saw a picture of Audrey Hepburn with the same pose and decided to copy it.
I turned the picture to B&W, make the brightness in a S curve and then fixed a few things here and there in Photoshop.
3083237219_4af176ee3b_b.jpg

The following one was done using the same principle, same camera and same hotel room :)
3083236871_3e13e1d6ed_b.jpg

And the last one was done in Malibu, but I haven't had the chance to touch it up yet.

3083236729_a7b05ef99d_b.jpg

I'm learning, so don't hesitate to speak your mind :)

I like the 2nd one, but I wish her teeth weren't the brightest part of the picture.
Also, you probably know but #3 is really soft.

I'm going to go out on a limb and say the out of focus #3 is a stylistic choice as the entire photo is OOF. I think it works. Might work better if that shadow wasn't there and that cig was hotter, but still pretty sexy photo.

#2 would work better for me if you cropped that from the bottom quite a bit more; it looks like shes got a really long neck and a tighter crop might frame it a bit more intimately. Otherwise, you could probably print that out nice and big and hang it for your viewing pleasure.

#3 was definitely out of focus on purpose; in fact the blur was done in Photoshop.

for #2, I'll touch up the teeth (darken them a bit) and crop the neck and republish.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back