A few shots of my car (with new edit technique)

NateS

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
First off, this was not a fancy shoot. It was a few shots in a semi-cool location (empty lot) at best with about 5 minutes of shooting. However, my reason for posting is that I stumbled upon a new (to me at least) technique in Capture NX and liked the way they turned out. Just thought I'd get some other opinions on the photos and edits.

December0289.jpg

December0290.jpg

December0294.jpg

December0296.jpg

December0299.jpg

Thanks for looking and please comment with your opinions.

You can surely see for yourself the difference the angle to the sun makes. Composition wise, it's just a car in a parking lot. But notice the difference between the first 2 shots and the last 2 shots. The last 2 have much less glare. Note the position of the sun in the 2 different angles.

Car wise, looks nice. The wheels are great. Happy to see you not go with the ridiculous 20 inch wheels and extreme low profile tires. Just an all around clean look to the car. I like it. It's one I have on my list as a replacement for my current work beater if I can find one with low enough mileage.

You can surely see for yourself the difference the angle to the sun makes. Composition wise, it's just a car in a parking lot. But notice the difference between the first 2 shots and the last 2 shots. The last 2 have much less glare. Note the position of the sun in the 2 different angles.

Car wise, looks nice. The wheels are great. Happy to see you not go with the ridiculous 20 inch wheels and extreme low profile tires. Just an all around clean look to the car. I like it. It's one I have on my list as a replacement for my current work beater if I can find one with low enough mileage.

Thanks for the comments. It really is a great car and get's great gas mileage so perfect for my daily driver. Also it only has 46,500 miles (1991) and I only have a hair over 3k in the car (counting the car) including the PIC coilovers and wheels tires so it's a cheap car to boot.

I see what you mean about the harsh lighting in the first two. It's almost like a necessary evil. The paint looks much glossier in the first 3 because of the sun's angle, but the harsh reflecting sunlight kind of takes some away.

awwww man....now im missing my 91 civic hatch...loved that car. :(

Most reactions

Back