A few vacation photos...

|DeZaStR|

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey all...

I just got back from vacation (5-day Carnival cruise), and thought I'd share a few photos.

The first is from the flight to Jacksonville, FL. We were going through some thick, white clouds, and then broke through to see deep blue skies. It was truly an amazing sight. The other three were taken underwater about 8 miles SE of the Florida Keys. Yes, they have been slightly edited in Photoshop to improve the coloring. The originals had the "blue sea haze" on them.

Please feel free to let me know what you think!

clouds.jpg

underwater1.jpg

underwater2.jpg

underwater3.jpg

Neat pictures. I've never taken any underwater photos, or gone on a cruise for that matter! Did you have a good time on the cruise?

What equipment did you use for the underwater shots?

AlisonS said:
Neat pictures. I've never taken any underwater photos, or gone on a cruise for that matter! Did you have a good time on the cruise?

Thank you. Yes, the wife and I had a fantastic time. This was actually our second cruise, the first being five years ago for our honeymoon. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

danalec99 said:
What equipment did you use for the underwater shots?

3 things. My Canon Powershot s45 digital camera, the Canon underwater camera case, and Photoshop for color correction.

Nice work and a great job on the color correction too!

I dont really like them. I just dont really like cloud shots. That is if it is JUST clouds. I meen anyone can take a picture of a cloud when cumulus clouds are out, but i did kindove like the angle. And the under water ones are O.K. You dont really see what is in the frame. And the fish is just there. You might want to make it so you can see more things, not just a fish and the bottom of a ocean. Try to make it, if possible, so you can see more in the distance, or more angle. Sorry if it sounds mean it's just, im just giving you advice. But....i do hate them

I dont really like them. I just dont really like cloud shots. That is if it is JUST clouds. I meen anyone can take a picture of a cloud when cumulus clouds are out, but i did kindove like the angle. And the under water ones are O.K. You dont really see what is in the frame. And the fish is just there. You might want to make it so you can see more things, not just a fish and the bottom of a ocean. Try to make it, if possible, so you can see more in the distance, or more angle. Sorry if it sounds mean it's just, im just giving you advice. But....i do hate them

grooski said:

Well, I certainly don't know the motivation for the personal attack here, but you can stick your ego and comments right up your ass, pal.

The cloud photo was important to me because at the time, it was taken at an altitude of around (I'm guessing) 15,000 feet. The day was gloomy and gray with a thick cloud-cover, and then breaking through those clouds to reveal bright-white clouds and a deep blue sky was truly a breathtaking sight for me. I'm sorry that you don't agree, but personally I don't care.

Secondly, there's a little factor when taking pictures in the ocean that determines how much can be seen. It's called VISABILITY. The waters weren't that clear on this day (the only day I had to take these pictures). If your eye was as keen as your mouth leads it to be, you should have noticed (especially in the last photo) that even after about 10 feet, visability drops considerably and you are left with nothing but a fuzzy blur. Also, I'm sorry that I couldn't get the fish and other sea-life to cooperate on that day to meet your standards. I guess it was their "day off" from posing for photos.

Finally, these photos were not posted in the "Critique Gallery". I know how rough some of the opinions can be in that section of the forum, and I didn't want to hear such negative comments about mine. That's why I simply posted them to "The Photo Gallery"...just to simply share some images that I personally liked with the group. I'm not a pro and don't have professional equipment. I just do the best I have with what I have. If you don't like what I post, then piss right off.

With the exception of this "Grooski" ass-clown, thank you all for your kind comments. They are appreciated.

|DeZaStR| said:
grooski said:

Also, I'm sorry that I couldn't get the fish and other sea-life to cooperate on that day to meet your standards. I guess it was their "day off" from posing for photos.

You know, a real photographer would be able to commune with the fish and get them to cooperate.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just in case there was any doubt, the above comment was purely sarcastic and meant in jest.

You know, a real photographer would be able to commune with the fish and get them to cooperate.
:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Just in case there was any doubt, the above comment was purely sarcastic and meant in jest.

hehe...indeed. :) However, I'm no Dr. Dolittle! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back