I am Big, I am Mike
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.mikehodson.ca
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This was a family wedding, I wasn't hired to shoot for them at all...but I did plenty of shooting at their reception anyway.

I though this shot of the bouquet toss turned out well.
IMG_0629-a.jpg

This little guy is Conor, the Bride's nephew. You may remember, I shot him & his little brother for a Christmas card this year. His father is in the band and he loved to get up on stage and 'play his guitar like he means it.
IMG_0542-a.jpg

More to come when I get the chance.

Big Mike - Yes, I agree it came out well. I'm sure I would've blown out that wedding dress (D'Oh), in order to get the light to the others in the back. Good job. :)

Great moment on the bouquet toss but I'm not sure I like the vignetting you did it looks a little too fake I think if you took out or lessened the dark area between the bride and the girls it would look a little better overall a good shot though.

Great moment on the bouquet toss but I'm not sure I like the vignetting you did it looks a little too fake I think if you took out or lessened the dark area between the bride and the girls it would look a little better overall a good shot though.
Thanks for the feedback. I sometimes get carried away with the burn tool. I definitely wanted to darken the top, where my flash had lit up the walls...and then I though that the two people between the bride and the group (one of whom is my wife)..were too prominent. I had even thought of trying to cut the middle out and slide the bride over...but that may be more work than it's worth.

good shot how did you get the girls lit? a seperate flash on tripod, or what? I ike the boy good expression. great timing on both

good shot how did you get the girls lit? a seperate flash on tripod, or what? I ike the boy good expression. great timing on both
Thanks. :D

It's actually wasn't complicated at all...in fact, it may have been a bit lucky on my part. I only used one flash, mounted on the camera. I believe that I had the flash zoomed out to tighten the spread of light. It lit up the girls very well...actually, it lit up the whole hall and I added the vignette in Photoshop. The bride just happened to be off to the side enough that the light didn't over power her...that's the lucky part...probably helped that the flash was zoomed out. The timing...well, that was all me :D

I really like the composition and the timing of the shot. Just as the gaggle of women are reaching to grab the bouquet with the bride looking on to see who catches it. Perfect!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back