A few with the D7000 Nikon AF-S 300m f/4D

Those are fantastic, now I want one, thanks for that....

Thanks the only problem is I have to wait for the closer opportunity's,it was like going from a snipper riffle to a hand gun so to speak sigma 150-600 to Nikon 300mm but no regrets with optics and consistency. I love the built in lens hood and it fits right in my bag with it extended.

Thanks. Not much they where pretty close.The chicken was on the move and pretty much filled the frame for me see how close the feet came to the bottom.

Stellar!

BTW #1: if you had neither the 300 f/4 nor the 150-600, would you immediately pull the trigger on a used 300 or keep saving for a new 150-600?

Hypothetically, of course. ;)

I've got a refurb 70-300, and I'd like more reach, but the wildlife shots I've seen from the 300 prime are pretty stellar.

BTW #2: Tried the 300 with a TC yet?

Last edited:
Well I bought the 300 new so it cost $300.00 more then sigma 150-600 C with obvious less flexibility.I would buy a used 300 but only from a reputable dealer with a warranty and return policy and in fact I almost did but decided to go new for the full warranty just in case since its going to get a lot of use in extreme condition like freezing temps etc. The 150-600 is a better bang for the buck but to me the trade off of reach was worth the optical quality,the smoother bokeh contrast and color just seems much more consistent with the 300 f/4D. The way I look at it the Sigma 150-600 is the swiss army knife the Nikon 300f/4D is the Scalpel.

Thanks! Great analysis. Makes sense!

Very nice I love everything about that seagull shot. Really well done.

Most reactions

Back