A FILM CAMERA TO BUY! recomendations, please

kulakova

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:heart: hello again. :lovey:
Thank you guys for all the recomendations. Now i need your braines again.
I will have Canon 350D as a digital camera.

But as Iam starting photo classes, I will be able develop my photos by myself, make a different textures, develop photos on different materials and so on. Since i`m not good at digital editing of photography (its my BF`s feature) I NEED A GOOD FILM CAMERA!

Its rather cheaper than a digital camera. I`m talking about some cameras which is under about 300$ that would be something like a pro, please, no rolleiflexes and something like that.

SO which film camera will you recommend me?
MANY THANK IN ADVANCE, you`re the best!!:thumbup:

For a through-the-lens camera, the Pentax K1000 remains a good choice. If a rangefinder camera is OK, you can keep your costs down by getting a Russian body such as Kiev 4AM, Zorky 3-C or Fed 3 with a Jupiter 8 lens.

Torus34 said:
For a through-the-lens camera, the Pentax K1000 remains a good choice. If a rangefinder camera is OK, you can keep your costs down by getting a Russian body such as Kiev 4AM, Zorky 3-C or Fed 3 with a Jupiter 8 lens.

wow :lmao: !! I`m impressed of your knowledge of russian cameras (soviet in real)
well actually I have several of those retro cameras and I would like to have something more modern and high tech :blushing:

Yes russian cameras are cheap and plentiful. The issue is determining what is a good copy or not. The russian manufacturers of that time period were not known for their consistent quality output. One should be knowledgable enough to spot a good "copy".

A Pentax is a great choice for a student but in your case, why not get a used early Canon EOS film body that can share a system of lenses? Canon EOS film used bodies are plentiful and cheap. Any lenses you purchase for the Canon EOS film body will mount just fine on that Canon DSLR.

I agree. A film body which uses lenses you already have is the best way to go. Incidently, I own and use the soviet cameras I mentioned. They are really solid cameras and the lenses are fully acceptable for street photography.

well, If everybody is interested in these cameras I can assist you in transporting them and actually searching, because I thing that we have these cameras here very very cheap.
For example I have 2 Zenit cameras (E http://www.roxi.ru/img/cat/foto.jpg and ET) one of them I bought for 10 dollars -) Also I have a camera called "Lubitel" http://www.radiofokus.ru/kino-foto/LUBITEL/lubitel.htm (its`s like rolleiflex, but lens are different of course, I bought it for... let me remember.... eeem... I think its about 15 dollars). And I own camera Orion, the first camera with batteries for automatical settings.. how to explain, well If battery is set in a place, in a viewfinder there will be all the settings which is necessary for this shot... And there is absolutely no problem in other cameras like Kiev (but only you, ppl from here said something good about these cameras...)

these all retro cameras they have very nice effects, which moders doesnt have, but actually im a bit tired of them.. haha)))

Why don't you just get an old Canon body, if you're able to use any Canon lens that you already have.

I cannot recommend you any Canon body, I haven't worked with Canon yet. :)

I agree with an old Canon that accepts lenses you already have.

Otherwise an old Nikon F is a GREAT manual SLR for a beginner.

LWW

Most reactions

Back