A Flamingo

Dagwood56

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Took this at the zoo Tuesday, they are one of the few animals still in the natural -meaning not behind kid smudged glass....... C&C welcome.
[f\10 - 1\320 - ISO 200 - Sigma 70-300mm lens @ 202mm]

DSC09351web.jpg

Very beautiful shot! Nice and sharp.

Looks slightly bright to me, but zoo lighting is rarely perfect.

I'm going to bump this because out of 44 views I can't believe only one person responded. If you don't like it, please tell me why. Thanks.

I like the composition but it looks a tad overexposed, i'd recommend bringing the exposure down a bit and possibly warm up the color temperture a bit too, other than that great job!

I thank you all who responded. :)

Hey blondie621, nice to see you again. Where have you been? I haven't heard from you since the 4th of July when you said you were heading up the coast for a couple of weeks. I began to wonder if you got lost in the ocean. :lol:

Hey dagwood! This is the first photo I've ever seen for you!

It's very nice, but in my personal opinion you need to lower the brightness a bit and add a bit of contrast, but still, this photo is very nice ;).

Hey dagwood! This is the first photo I've ever seen for you!

It's very nice, but in my personal opinion you need to lower the brightness a bit and add a bit of contrast, but still, this photo is very nice ;).

Thanks for your input.:D I did very little to this in post processing other than to crop and adjust the midtone contrast a tad. I agree it is a little bright, but since detail was retained in the feathers I decided to leave it like that. I'll have to play around with this one a bit more I guess.

:lol: I posted several bee photos back in the spring and a shot on the B&W forum also, plus some flower & rose photos. You just aren't looking hard enough. ;) This is was one of the most recent from back in July. http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/general-gallery/172887-work-orange.html

And this is one from June http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/nature-wildlife/168201-drop-petal-fly.html

Last edited:
I'm going to bump this because out of 44 views I can't believe only one person responded. If you don't like it, please tell me why. Thanks.
maybe you refreshed 40 times?
and the poster refreshed 3 times (not includine post-post)

it looks over exposed to me and the pink is more... orange

maybe you refreshed 40 times?
and the poster refreshed 3 times (not includine post-post)

it looks over exposed to me and the pink is more... orange

Well, there were about a dozen of these flamingos and none of them were pink, they are more of an apricot color.

yea i would just bring the bright part down a little bit...

i don't think it's overexposed... cuz like you said all the detail is there it's not blown whites or anything...

but the way it is right now... the bright part immediately grabs the eye... and unless that was your purpose (maybe it was) i'd prefer to see his face first, and feathers second... if that makes any sense...

yea i would just bring the bright part down a little bit...

i don't think it's overexposed... cuz like you said all the detail is there it's not blown whites or anything...

but the way it is right now... the bright part immediately grabs the eye... and unless that was your purpose (maybe it was) i'd prefer to see his face first, and feathers second... if that makes any sense...

I'm not trying to disagree about the brightness, I asked for your comments and too bright seems to be the outcome, and the birds were all standing in the sun when I took this. We were about to leave for home and I took a last minute shot.

But I am curious about something because of the way syphlix described things - is the brightness everyone is mentioning because of the front & lighter colored feathers? If so, this is the underside of his wing and thats why its so pale. He was uncurling himself to flee as I snapped this.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back