Reaction score
Website
www.angelfire.com
comments and criticism are surely welcome. :thumbsup:

ragamuffin2.jpg

C128264779474f_photo.jpg

C128265979272f_photo.jpg

C128264308130f_photo.jpg

you have a good eye, how long have you been shooting? I would like a little less contrast on the 2nd one but other then that good job 8)

i guess it's been about 2 years now. i didn't start getting into photography at all until i transferred to the school i'm at now (2 years ago) and decided on photography as my minor. it has since become my major instead. :)

anyway, i'm not surprised you said that about the second pic. i turned that in for an assignment in my very first photo course and the one complaint my professor had was that it was "too contrasty." you're both right. it is. :wink:

well, all those were taken with my nikon n60. i'm almost ashamed to admit that i still don't really know all that much about cameras. i feel like a complete moron trying to talk to people about that most of the time. :oops:

i've got a couple of different polaroid cameras and a slide printer as well, and i've been working on becoming more familiar with those so i can play around with emulsion lifts/transfers and sx70 manipulation. alternative processing totally interests me. i've got the basics down but my main problem is that i have yet to get really good exposures to begin with.

here's one of the sx70 manipulations i did. it's not great, but it's a start i guess.

s128264443017f_photo.jpg

i'd show you a couple of emulsion lifts too, but they suck big time. :?

hi carlita,

nice, nice pics. i like them all - is the last one the cactus?

nice effects on the last one, its hard for fathom someone actually doing that in darkroom w/o photoshop. I am completely clueless about camera and darkroom stuffl, my first SLR camera was my canon d10 digital so I never had to bother learning the 'hard stuff' from the dark room.

look for forward to seeing more posts from you! G'luck with with your courses :)

cheers,
mark

Yep, very nice photos, the last one i think is a closeup of a bunch of bananas, (i may be wrong :)) Nikon is right about your eye!

very interesting photographs :D .. the first one's my favorite, very rustic looking

vonnagy said:
is the last one the cactus?

the third one is the cactus. i guess it's not what people would commonly expect when they hear "cactus" but i promise that's what it is. :) havoc was right... the last one's a close up of some bananas.

and thanks for the kind words you guys. :goodvibe:

Like 3 & 4 the most, 3 is frame able IMO

The SX70 thing - Does this effect only work with some Polaroid films?
Do you rub the print with q-tip or something like that while it's developing?

Soooo... you're messing around with the Polaroid while it's developing?

yes. it's done with a particular kind of film (polaroid time zero). one of its characteristics is that the emulsion stays maleable longer than other films. roughly five days or so i think.

i'm not that good at explaining these sorts of things myself so i won't even try to, but the polaroid website gives instructions. i have a book that goes into more detail than the polaroid site does. it cost me like 30 bucks, but it's a great book. it's called polaroid manipulations: a complete visual guide to creating sx-70, transfer and digital prints by kathleen thormod carr.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back