A German Village Church

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
What, indeed, makes us go out and take photos of churches on a nice day in May like today?

3Mai2006_Brockel_Kirche5-vi.jpg

(Thisis just to show tb2 how different our German village churches are from the English...)

They really are quite different and from the danish (White and square) too. Very pretty. But isnt it just an excuse to take your time when walking around, you get to stop and investigate if you have the excuse of the camera in the hand? And the sunshine probably dosn't hurt either :).

tim

The insides of these churches often are very simple, but I think there also is a lot of beauty in things simple:

3Mai2006_Brockel_Kirche_innen3-vi.jpg

3Mai2006_Brockel_Kirche_innen1-vi.jpg

Actually, this now no longer qualifies for "Landscape and Nature", I only put "my" church up here in reply to "tp2's" photo of a country church but will now move it to the General Gallery.

What a pretty building. My mom has relatives who live in a tiny German village, and I soooo love the look of the steeples jutting out above the housetops. And the bells still ring to call the people to worship...you rarely hear church bells here anymore, and I just love the sound of it. Thanks for sharing these pics.

Oh, how lovely! :thumbup: Inside and out.

Thanks for sharing these, Corinna!

I really miss hearing the bells echo through the village from the churches on Sunday. :( Thanks for showing us this beautiful church Corinna. :D

What a beautiful structure! I love seeing images from other parts of the world.

Well LaFoto, a few years ago I popped over into Germany from the Strasbourg area of France, and came across some interesting German churches. It's remarkable how the character of churches in our two countries differs. Interestingly it took a German architectural historian who settled in Britain, Nikolaus Pevsner, to explain that difference to we British!

Best wishes, Tony

http://photoreflect.blogspot.com

I'm sure you have seen churches much "richer", and definitely Catholic, while up here in the north, the Catholic Church is in the diaspora of sorts, most churches (and people) are Protestants here (Lutheran Church), and often enough the churches are very simple.

The church I go to (my choir belongs to it) is decorated in the so-called "Peasants' Baroque" and sports a lot more wood carvings and gold than this one here.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back