A Girl In Her Shop

Donde

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
She is a wayuu Indian from the Guajira peninsula of northern Colombia who moved to Trujillo in the south west near Cali. She and her husband run a well stocked wayuu crafts shop in the village.

36454802320_de0760d5e5_b.jpg

Great model and a great exposure. Again, being really picky I think it would have worked better if she was a little bit taller in the frame. A shallower dof might of helped too in order to soften the background which is a tad distracting. That being said, a great job of matching the colour of her necklace with the background.

Good points. Yes cropping off some of the top works. I was just trying to keep as much of her wares in the image as a could. The lens, a 24 1.8 was set at f2.2 and I could have gone to 1.8. I would love to do it over with my 85 1.8 which I didn't have with me but I don't think she'd let me. It took a lot of cajoling to get what aI got. Indians in Colombia don't like to be photographed.

36684264602_3e72e16211_b.jpg

Last edited:
Good points. Yes cropping off some of the top works. I was just trying to keep as much of her wares in the image as a could. The lens, a 24 1.8 was set at f2.2 and I could have gone to 1.8. I would love to do it over with my 85 1.8 which I didn't have with me but I don't think she'd let me. It took a lot of cajoling to get what aI got. Indians in Colombia don't like to be photographed.

36684264602_3e72e16211_b.jpg

I think the crop works much better. You may be planning on doing this but I would be making a really nice print of this image and giving it to her for free. Take your 85mm and explain how you want to quickly take the shot again to knock out the bg. If she agrees then bring her forward in the frame as that will help.

It would be great to win her trust because she and her friends/family could be a great documentary photography project. Good luck.

I'm not sure if it's really a question of trust. Some cultures still share the belief that images can do harm to their soul. Maybe that's the case here too?

I think both images are very nice, though I agree a more blurred background would help her to stand out a bit more.

I'm not sure if it's really a question of trust. Some cultures still share the belief that images can do harm to their soul. Maybe that's the case here too?

I think both images are very nice, though I agree a more blurred background would help her to stand out a bit more.

That's a really interesting point. I'd be interested to hear why from the op why the subject was reluctant to be photographed.

I liked the exposure and the beautiful lady fits in the frame perfectly. The color of the background makes it look really good. If the background is a bit blurred it would look great.

Completely agree on the background issue. I should have cranked the lens all the way open. Well in addition to her Indian antipathy towards being photographed she is shy.

Tell her from me that she's absolutely gorgeous and it would make an old man very happy to see more photos of her lovely face. ;)

...Or just turn your own natural charm up to the max. You have a knack for finding beauties. :D

Ha ha thanks Grandad, It's not hard to find beauties hereabouts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back