A girls best friend.....

mishele

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
How did I do on this one......Which do you think is better?
5052315037_31c7fe8c33.jpg

5052277763_3e5f38eb70.jpg

I was surprised how hard diamonds were to photograph.......=) Yeah I'm sure Bitter will have a word or two to say.....:sexywink:

In the words of Ron White, "Diamonds... those'll shut her up!"

I jest :)

I like it, personally. I've never tried to photograph jewelry, but I imagine the diamonds would reflect light in all sorts of difficult ways to control.

I like the second because the diamond looks clearer. This feels like it's probably Bitter's territory though... :lol:

see im the opposite, i thought the second one the diamond looks cloudy. but then again im a man, i just pay for them. dont really look at them lol.

Haha! They are hard to photograph well. Why aren't you shooting macro?

I was.....lol
Exposure 0.013 sec (1/80) Aperture f/14.0 Focal Length 100 mm ISO Speed 400

Any suggestion on how to take a better shot? #1 I did a mask to make the diamond sharper and darker.....to bring out detail.

I was.....lol
Exposure 0.013 sec (1/80) Aperture f/14.0 Focal Length 100 mm ISO Speed 400

Any suggestion on how to take a better shot? #1 I did a mask to make the diamond sharper and darker.....to bring out detail.

What macro lens were you using? Doesn't look very close to me.

Well, I am viewing from my phone, so I can't see details well. The second image looks like you got some haze across the table facet from reflection. It's really hard to capture a diamonds brilliance, partially because we have binocular vision, and partially because you have to get the light(s) angle just right for your viewing angle. The stone needs to be super clean as well.

Did you use flash? Using a broad diffuser helps light up the diamond too. Good luck!

I would clone the bottom so it will show complete white.

Honestly this was shot all w/ natural light. #2 I did get a reflection on the diamond face. And you are right.....I thought I cleaned it well and in the picture close up, you can still see water spots.
I guess I'll try again.....=)

If you have an espresso maker with a milk steamer you can use that to steam clean your jewelry. Pick up a used one on eBay ;)

Most reactions

Back