a go at symmetry c&c welcome

rcsmyth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Take a look and let me know what you think.
Thanks Ryan
I just noticed i should of tightened the crop a touch more
DSC_0017-1-1.jpg

Last edited:
This is my first post to a C&C as I still don't feel I'm as good as i want to be to even think about C&Cing someone elses work. However this is what came to mind when viewing your photo...

I would crop the right side just a bit more to get that object out of the way. I then would place a chess set or some cards on the table and take another photo. :thumbup: Again this is what I would do, but I'm still new.

there's something about the angle and the different lighting on either side of the photo that bothers me

You've balanced the elements of the photo within the frame, but the angle takes away from that effect. I don't mind the lighting, though I could be bit more pronounced. I think a symmetry of the geometric shapes balanced with a asymmetry of lighting makes a good combination though.

thanks for the comments when you say you don't like the angle, what do you think is the better approach for that?

i'm not sure my first post should be helping with critique, but...

i think if you took a few steps to the left/squared yourself up parallel to the wall, it would give you better symmetry. or at least a better symmetrical effect.

i think that's what they are trying to get at.

thanks for the comments when you say you don't like the angle, what do you think is the better approach for that?

I would say just straight on. You don't won't the off-balance dimensional effect you have with the symmetry in the geometry. At least that's the way I would do it.

i think if you took a few steps to the left/squared yourself up parallel to the wall, it would give you better symmetry. or at least a better symmetrical effect.
That's exactly what I would have suggested.

The image seems soft too.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back