A golf shot

mortallis288

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Tell me what you think about this one please?

261te0.jpg

I would like to see a far deeper depth of field. from the very bottom of the frame, to out past the ball. I want to see all the detail around the edge of the hole, each individual tiny little blade of Bermuda, each tiny little grain of dirt and sprinkle of sand around the border of the hole, and a little bit of the white inside the hole for contrast to all its surroundings.

The lighting cant be saved here. whats of interest is in the shade, whats not isn't. The saturation of greens doesnt work. I would suggest trying this same shot again. The idea is there. Consider leaving the flag in if you can get an interesting shadow cast. Try the same shot at dawn or dusk where you have a nice soft/warm light projection.

so do not saturate greens?

well, not exactly. I'm not saying never. It's just in this specific photo, the tone just seems all wrong to me. This is largely due to the shade though. The green in the direct light is almost yellow, and the green in the foreground has a blue tint to it. Blame it on the lighting.

Once you have something to work with, shoot in RAW and experiment in post production with your exposure and white balances. Give special attention to levels and color balances. Just play around until you get something that works.

CA and it's underexposed.

chromatic aberration...on the golf ball.

which leads my to my next question... What is chromatic abberation? Sorry, i am new to a lot of these words

Google and Wikipedia are your friends.

and your an A--h--e, please do not respond to any of my threads.

What nerve!
You expect everyone to spoon-feed you?

I'd edit that post fast, buddy, or everyone will be on you like white on rice in a glass of milk on a paper plate in a snowstorm.

no i do not expect anyone to spoon feed me, i expect someone to tell you what they are talking about if they are critiquing you. I must have high expectations from you.

Perhaps you misunderstood:

General Critical Analysis Guidelines - READ THESE BEFORE POSTING

What not to expect.

Posters probably won’t get extended explanations of basic topics in photography; this isn’t the place for that. Learning should be done elsewhere. This forum is for specific critique of artistic elements, then learning from them. There is a sticky on basic sources for this kind of info.

I never new that CA was a basic concept of photography, i took a basic photography class and that was not included

Chromatic aberration is basic in that it is a fundamental limitation of your equipment. It is common to all lenses that are not apochromatic, and tends to occur more frequently in digital than film images. It is also basic in terms of understanding the actual optics of exposure, particularly with regard to color filtering. Take infrared photography, for example, where you have to manually adjust the focus because you are capturing more wavelengths of light than you are seeing, and those other IR wavelengths focus at a different point than visible ones. That is actually a chromatic aberration.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back