A golf shot

no i do not expect anyone to spoon feed me, i expect someone to tell you what they are talking about if they are critiquing you. I must have high expectations from you.

You are asking for critiques, not an education in photography. The oneness is on you to discover the things you do not understand. A book or search here or on the net or even posting the question in the forum here are all ways to get answers. Ignorance is no excuse and rudeness is not very mature.

If I may offer a critique in the spirit of the section we are in:

- The shadowed greens look unnatural (never saw quite that shade of green on a golf course anywhere like that, and I've golfed at some of the most elite clubs around the world).

- Bokeh seems "wrong" I want the center of attention to be the hole, not the ball. That said, I would want the FOV to encompass both as they are both needed in this composition, keep the blur past that area behind the ball if anywhere.

- Crop out the sunny part of the pic, it is distracting, as is the red leaf in the top left.

- Desaturate the pic, see how contrast works out... *maybe* increase contrast a little.

Thanks for your critique, and thank you for telling me what CA was max bloom. I am sorry for being rude, but i just hate it when someone tells me that "google and wikipedia are your friends."

^ LOL

i agree with the first reply, the hole definately should be in focus as well as the ball

its an important part of the subject matter

sharp focus should have been on the ball and the hole and maybe the grass in between the two... the rest of the details in the background aren't important or interesting in this particular composition, but seem to have more attention than the hole.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back