A Good ICC Profile Service?

feRRari4756

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hey guys, after some research, I realize that it would be best to have a custom profile made for my printer/paper AND have a tool to calibrate my monitor.

I am usuing a Mac with Photoshop CS4 and Aperture--What photo profiling service is recommended? There is a lot on ebay, but IDK if they all make good profiles.

Here are some that I found:
1) Computer Printer Profiles
2) Custom Made Printer Profiles
3) MadManChan's Custom Printer Profiles
4) Custom ICC and ICM Printer Profiles

^Which one do you guys reccomend?

And also, I need to calibrate my monitor. I want one of those Color Vision Spyder's or a Huey, but I really only need it for like 1 day and then never again (im not a professional). And I know monitors fade over time, but not really significant.

Does anyone have a used one for sale for like $35? Or is someone willing to loan me theirs if i pay shipping?? lol, but im serious.

Hey guys, after some research, I realize that it would be best to have a custom profile made for my printer/paper AND have a tool to calibrate my monitor.

I am usuing a Mac with Photoshop CS4 and Aperture--What photo profiling service is recommended? There is a lot on ebay, but IDK if they all make good profiles.

Here are some that I found:
1) Computer Printer Profiles
2) Custom Made Printer Profiles
3) MadManChan's Custom Printer Profiles
4) Custom ICC and ICM Printer Profiles

^Which one do you guys reccomend?

I get my profiles from the paper manufacturer. I use a lot of Ilford &
Hahnemuhle paper. Both offer profiles for their papers.

And also, I need to calibrate my monitor. I want one of those Color Vision Spyder's or a Huey, but I really only need it for like 1 day and then never again (im not a professional). And I know monitors fade over time, but not really significant.

Does anyone have a used one for sale for like $35? Or is someone willing to loan me theirs if i pay shipping?? lol, but im serious.
You would be surprised how much you monitor can change in a couple of weeks. Your brain can't tell the difference, but if you want WYSIWYG photo printing you will need to continually calibrate. I calibrate every month. If I was doing this as a business it would be at least once a week.

hmm okay. I maybuy one then?? not sure yet.

And how about the profiles?

For starters calm down! Some of us only read the forum every 2 days. Keep bumping and it's more likely that members will actively ignore you rather than simply be slightly delayed in replying.

As said in the other thread, printer profiles do not change much at all. Monitors change within weeks. You get a huge return on investment on a monitor calibrator and a tiny one on printing calibration, and the supplied printer profiles are usually enough.

In any case you don't sound like you have the rest of the gear necessary to match prints to the screen exactly like a room with controlled lighting, a viewing box to view the print in a controlled environment, and a screen with an internal lookup table so that your calibration is actually truly accurate rather than a play with the video card output.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back