A Hand Strap on a D90....what are my options if possible?

RONDAL

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Bear with me as i try to explain the kidn of strap I want;

Most DSLR's come with the standard neck strap that attach from the left and right top corners of a camera.

What Im looking for is to run a "hand" strap, on that attaches at the top right and bottom right of the camera body. Allowing you to strap the camera to your right hand.

Many studio photographers use them, and cameras like the D3, and D3x with built in grips have the loop that allow you to attach a strap in such a manner.

Im trying to do this with a D90 and wondering what my options are, if there even are any. I hate wearing the strap around my neck, but its nice to have something keeping the camera snug in your hand especially with heavier lenses shooting handheld.

I dont have a MB-D80 battery grip for the D90 yet, though looking at pictures of it in detail dont look like it has the built in fastening loop that I would need.

Any ideas?

i think the D200's came with them in the box?

284278815_42fd6e2c7f_b.jpg

Last edited:
something like this....though i have no idea how they attach to the body. the body in this pic is a pentax for those wondering

IPXDSLRLHS.JPG

eBay has a pleater of 'em and they attach from the right side to the tripod mount.

preferably something that still allows use of the tripod mounting plate, but i will look

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
hand grip doesn't saves from jitter. useless

That was productive. Thanks so much for your contribution and WELCOME to TPF!

:salute:

hand grip doesn't saves from jitter. useless

That was productive. Thanks so much for your contribution and WELCOME to TPF!

:salute:

lol seriously.

a hand grip would be nice. ive been wwrapping the neck strsp sround my hand like 4 times haha. whats up with the price on that d90 battery grip...rediculous isnt it!!! i would think 50.00 would be a fair price. i mean geeze it doesnt even come with a battery in it.

good question, I always wondered whether that was possible, just like on a handycam! i might get one!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back