A hawks lunch time, yummmy!

jstuedle

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.picture-daddy.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Here is a young red tailed hawk I shot late last winter. Hope you enjoy. He was eating what I am user was a small snake. :puke-rig:

Nikon D1X, Nikkor 400mm f/3.5 AIS manual focus lens. Hand held from the drivers seat of our car.

Not that I would find his LUNCH overly pretty, but the photos of the hawk as such are great!
Envy! I never can capture anything like this... :( All I have ever managed to get with the 300mm zoom fully extended was still only a tiny spot of hawk in a huge frame :(.

All I have ever managed to get with the 300mm zoom fully extended was still only a tiny spot of hawk in a huge frame :(.

I just got lucky. Cathy and I were putting around a local lake, I had my D1X and 400 sitting on the front seat. We watched the hawk fly up to a tree about 30 yards from the road. I slowly drove up to it, stopped the car and started shooting. I took about 30 frames while he ate and watched us then flew off. If it had been a mature adult, it most likely would not have pearched so close to the road or let us drive up to him. These two pics are pretty much full frame. Like I said, just lucky that day.

Most reactions

Back