A history of doctored photos

cal_gundert05

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found this article about old and new doctored images that have made it into the news media and other places.

Some things never change. I'm always more impressed by the ones that were done decades ago without the aid of computers. They should make them into a book for kids: "Oh no! Poor Joe Stalin seems to have lost his friends. Maybe you can draw him some new ones!"

It'll be edutaining.

Did I really just say edutaining?

ZaphodB said:
"Oh no! Poor Joe Stalin seems to have lost his friends. Maybe you can draw him some new ones!"

LOL. Didn't Stalin have Trotsky killed by a ice-axe to the head?

[edited for historical accuracy]

A classic case of manipulation of images came during the Ford Motor Co.'s 50th anniversary telecast. There was an image of the NYC skyline. The Chrysler building had been erased.

Torus34 said:
A classic case of manipulation of images came during the Ford Motor Co.'s 50th anniversary telecast. There was an image of the NYC skyline. The Chrysler building had been erased.

That is hilarious!

Wow. You cant believe what you see.
I guess that's why they say 'Believe nothing you hear and half of what you see'.

I think we have to consider images in their context. Certainly taking out the yellow in Katie Couric's shot is different then combining images of the Iraq war. Some work suggests we illustrate the story, some work is "get the shot". Point is that photography is a lie. This has been going on since day one.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back