Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
moderndinosaur.wordpress.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Last edited:
These turned out great! The last two in particular are beautiful, and I love the sun rays here.

Looks like you had a productive outing with this camera. :icon_cheers:

I like the second one. Nice dark to light transition. Those are some long shadows, with the one starting over the Kodak looking like the photographer.

Very nice pinhole shots. #2 for me...

Those are very majestic

Pure classics.

These turned out great! The last two in particular are beautiful, and I love the sun rays here.

Looks like you had a productive outing with this camera. :icon_cheers:

Thanks! "Outing" was more like "Year-long experience" :biglaugh: I had the film in that camera for a long time. Numbers 1 and 3 for example? Were taken in June of last year! The camera is definitely a keeper.

I like the second one. Nice dark to light transition. Those are some long shadows, with the one starting over the Kodak looking like the photographer.

Thanks! The backing paper marks were a bit of a surprise, and were more visible on other frames, but I'm sure there's a fix for it. Just have to fashion a cover for the red window, methinks. But yes, the shadows that this thing can capture are pretty great!

Very nice pinhole shots. #2 for me...

Those are very majestic

Pure classics.

Thank you, thank you, thank you :)

Nicely done! What were the exposure times on those?

Thanks! If I remember correctly (and, as mentioned above, it's been a while :eek-73: ) each one was about 2-3 seconds, with #2 being probably a bit more like 3-4 seconds.)

Last edited:
Bravo.

Joe

Those did turn out very nice! :headbang: I had no time to really look at them while scanning your film.

Thanks again for sending me your film for process and scan.

These are great! Like the bike one for the way the shooting angle shows off that charicteristic pinhole perspective and the two into the sun shots, especially #5.

What a nice set! I like the perspective. They look somewhat less pinhole-like I guess due to the size of the film (this takes 120 doesn't it?), in a good way. I mean, I think I like this better than with 35mm where my results tend to just look soft and not much different than using 110 film or some midcentury bakelite camera. I like the bigger expanse you got with these. What speed film did you use? 100/125?

I like the tree and sunset, with some flare. And the one of the pattern of the front of the convention center and steps/sidewalk, and those kooky looking sculptures in front.

Nice set of pinhole shots. rInteresting.

Bravo.

Joe

Grazie! :)

Those did turn out very nice! :headbang: I had no time to really look at them while scanning your film.

Thanks again for sending me your film for process and scan.

And thank you for taking good care of my films :)

These are great! Like the bike one for the way the shooting angle shows off that charicteristic pinhole perspective and the two into the sun shots, especially #5.

Thanks!

What a nice set! I like the perspective. They look somewhat less pinhole-like I guess due to the size of the film (this takes 120 doesn't it?), in a good way. I mean, I think I like this better than with 35mm where my results tend to just look soft and not much different than using 110 film or some midcentury bakelite camera. I like the bigger expanse you got with these. What speed film did you use? 100/125?

I like the tree and sunset, with some flare. And the one of the pattern of the front of the convention center and steps/sidewalk, and those kooky looking sculptures in front.

Yes, this takes 120 and I used TriX for the test roll. The field of view on any pinhole is very wide, but it's more pronounced with the 6x6. This camera has no viewfinder but it does have markings on the top that help determine the field of view. The markings are helpful, but it's still very exciting when I manage to get the framing right :)

I have the 35mm ONDU pinhole camera as well, and you're right - it isn't the same. I think it's similar to a Holga - you really need a big square to get the full effect of the pinhole (or plastic lens) artifacts, which is kind of the point of shooting with those tools anyway. Cutting the frame (either 35mm or the 6x4.5 mask on the Holga) takes away, imho, the more interesting artifacts and just leaves the softness. It can still be interesting and dreamy, just not as good, I think.

Great set! I love the boardwalk shot!

Thanks! One of my favorites, too :)

Nice set of pinhole shots. rInteresting.

rThanks, Derrel! :D

Most reactions

New Topics

Back