a Little B&E anyone?

MrCupcakes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi, im new to the forums, and I dabble in a activity known as Urban Exploration. Im trying to become a better photographer, so if anyone can offer criticism Go To it, here are a sampling of my pictures from my past adventures
10.jpg

8.jpg

Paint.jpg

n12.jpg

5.jpg

6.jpg

5.jpg

001_025.jpg

6.jpg

2.jpg

016_04A.jpg

010_10A.jpg

006_18A.jpg

Sorry about the large number of pictures, and if anyone wants to see any more pictures, visit my website

Hallo MrCupcakes, and welcome to ThePhotoForum.
These are quite many and very interesting Urban Exploration pics, which are so "urban" in fact that I will move them from the Landscape and Nature Gallery over to the General Gallery, ok? :D
And you use an SLR camera for these and later scan your prints?
They look like "film photos" to me (as opposed to digital).
You venture into the eeriest, creepiest rooms... whoa!

those are really great looking, what kind of buildings were you in? I don't know of any place around where I live that I could find run down buildings like that

Excellent looking stuff!
How do you come across those places (with or without trespassing? ;)) Welcome to the Forum, and I look forward to seeing more of your urban pics

Yes, I still shoot film, im only 19, but i'm oldschool. I learned with a AE1 and than cut my teeth on a T50, and with my refund this year, i bought a Rebel T2
The first two pictures are from a burned out dress factory in New Bedford mass, all shot with my T2.
Pictures three and four are from a old nike missile base that has had about 20 diffrent companies in it, and soon avalon bay will build condos on it, i hear. shot with my T50
Pictures 5 and 6 are from Northampton State Hospital, a old kirkbride mental asylum that over 120 years old, and will be torn down to put up condos. Shot with my T50
Pictures 7 and 8 are from a County Jail put in springfield, shot with my T50
9,10,11,12 and 13 are from metropolitan state hospital in waltham, shot with my T2.
I hear about the places through word of mouth and simply driving around. Industial places you find in industrial towns, usually near rail road tracks, state hospitals are usually situated on top of hills and such.

Oh yea, i forgot to mention, I dont condone these activities by other people, cause half the time its tresspassing, and the other half the buildings are condemed/unsafe floors and such. Im not trying to be a badass with that statement, im protecting myself from getting sued

Hey, nice work. :thumbup: I had them pegged as film shots, as well - wonderful look and feel to them.

I especially love the exposure in #7.

#10 just gives me the creeps. I mean, the paper is still on the table. :pale:

I love having reactions like this to images, so I must say you did a good job. :lol:

Keep 'em coming. And, you know, be careful. ;)

Welcome to the forum!

These are great.. I cant pick a favorite they are all nice... As I was going down I loved 2 then kept going and there were more wonderful pictures.. You have found some wonderfl places to shoot pictures of.. The detail and structure of the age is great

Welcome to the forum. I look forward to seeing more of your photos.

I guess that's a microphone check.

But really, those were my favorite.

Good stuff. They have a very "vintage" feel to them (which, in case there's any confusion, is not a bad thing). I like them a lot.

very nice. I love using film also. Yeah the hospital ones give me the creeps. But very nice work

Most reactions

Back