A little bed Bug

Overread

hmm I recognise this place! And some of you!
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well sort of, in the dark misty cold night as I was about to crawl into bed something moved on a book by the bedside; 2 mins later I'm sure anyone watching the flat will have thought there was a party going on with the flash firing. Downside of shooting in dim light at something silly AM is focusing was a nightmare, plus a reasonable amount of "lots of white = grey now" from the auto flash and me not checking histograms......

Otherwise nabbed a few good shots - even tried for a focus stack; I got the shots, but the little devil moved a leg through the whole scene just to prevent me!!

Anyway here are the things you want to see - the shots :)

6507960569_31f2cb2f1b_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7171/6507960569_ed3970f480_o.jpg

6507960821_a6869bf1d0_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7151/6507960821_c055e9f866_o.jpg
Those two I tried to take a straight as I could as it was on the side of the book, but sadly had to make some big crops of both once I'd corrected the angle (plus I nipped a leg from one annoyingly). Nailing the focus on that tiny black dot is a nightmare. I think these were around 3:1 magnification (remember fair amount of the frame lost to cropping)

6507961167_77d70092d3_z.jpg

http://farm8.staticflickr.com/7154/6507961167_fc2feef49d_o.jpg

Thankfully nothing lost here, though the book colours have done some neat banding on the left and the lighting is somewhat harsher than I like. I didn't have my cup on the lens so didn't quite get that perfect diffused like that I want *plus the cup tends to make focusing a nightmare as it bumps into things - though I've got longer arms on the flashheads now so I might well be increasing the diffusion material on them to soften things up).

All 3 taken with Canon 7D, Canon MPE 65mm macro and Twinflash unit.

Any comments/crits greatly welcomed - thanks all :mrgreen:
And sleep well knowing things like this could be crawling all over your beside books as well!

ummmm....eewwwwww! Remind me to never use my camera on a bug I find in my house. I would never be able to sleep :lol:

How the heck, I thought bed bugs were almost invisible to the human eye... What macro lens were you using? I'm assuming the thing is smaller than a 1/3 of an ant.

Aw hell.

haha Mana you know its never safe for you near macro stuff ;)

But yeah this isn't quite a bedbug - as I said its more it was near the bed, its what I would guess is around 3 or 4 mm or so and rather "fat" as well. Certainly bigger than a proper bed bug (I don't have a microscope ----- yet ---(

Wow I never thought a bug could be cute! :)

Is that one of them.... Bookbugs?!? Good work, a real challenge.

Last edited:

But yeah this isn't quite a bedbug - as I said its more it was near the bed, its what I would guess is around 3 or 4 mm or so and rather "fat" as well. Certainly bigger than a proper bed bug (I don't have a microscope ----- yet ---(

Yeah, but now I'm gonna have nightmares all night thinking that that thing might ... MIGHT ... be in my bed.

All your fault, you b@st@rd.

:)

nice shots.. :)

Thanks for the compliments guys :)

Yeah, but now I'm gonna have nightmares all night thinking that that thing might ... MIGHT ... be in my bed.

If I ever get a microscope with a camera I'll scare you with the things living on your keyboard and mouse ;)

Thanks for the compliments guys :)

If I ever get a microscope with a camera I'll scare you with the things living on your keyboard and mouse ;)

nooooooo....

Look at how its looking right at you in the first one! Very cool!!!

Most reactions

Back