A little bit of all. Need some opinions.

Antoine, I like #1 very much.
It suffers from the size limitation here and would almost certainly look better larger.

I do think that you could reinforce the effect by slightly dimming the highlights on everything but the figure of the man so that they don't compete for attention as much.

I have sent an example by PM.

Lew

I like #1 . I believe it's because of all the lines. The colors compliment each other nicely. The grays, blacks and reds and very nice, then you have a little pop of blue w/ the bike, the car and the tv. In all, I think you found a very interesting shot.......I had fun looking at it.

#2 Creepy.......It would of been better w/ the eye open like cloud said......but I completely understand why you didn't try to get that!! I once tried to take a picture of a dead squirrel out in front of my house.........lol Man the looks you get.
Keep shooting and keep posting!!!

Personally, I love the second image you posted. It's stronger and sweeter with the eye closed imo. Strong image man, can't say much more w/o repeating myself, so I'll stop lol.

1st shot was kind of busy for some if they have never been out of the U.S..Maybe a tighter shot with a wide angle lens to bring attention the the "Carni" and his wares in the background would have worked, a tighter crop may have worked as well. Here in the U.S. we call this a Carnival when they travel from town to town. Disneyland would be an Amusement Park that is at one location. Pigeon is kind of sad but a nice capture.
Looked over the Flickr shots and it looks like you have a nice eye. Your concert/club images are better than most.
-
Shoot well and thanks for sharing, Joe

Hi,

Thank's for your compliments. It's nice to hear :)

I'll post some other pictures when I'm at home but waiting for it you can see other on Facebook of Flickr.

Cheers.

I was disappointed when I saw several didn't like number one. I sat and looked at it for the longest time! Maybe it's just me, but I like it the way it is.

Can't say much about the bird though, except poor little guy. :lol:

One more. #3

6017435271_f17c6ff2b7_b.jpg

From the Dour Festival, Belgium.

Last edited:
I suggest you start new threads with pictures.
Once people have decided they've seen this one thread, they may not return and your pictures will get missed.

The dead bird image is graphic and good. I liked it.

I suggest you start new threads with pictures.
Once people have decided they've seen this one thread, they may not return and your pictures will get missed.

Is there a special way to do ?

Just make a new thread, instead of posting more pictures in this thread. I like both of the images you posted originally, although I find the first one to be SLIGHTLY too contrasty and the vignette on the second to be too strong.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back