A little bit of attitude....

It looks like you have a built in lens(36-432 mm f/2.8-4.8 ) with an aperture of f2.8-4.8. This means you have f2.8 (very shallow DOF more light faster shutter) at 36mm and 4.8 (still pretty shallow less light slower shutter) at 432mm. These are the largest aperture settings possible. Your camera will allow you to manually adjust. Im sure you can go all the way up to f 30 or so. One way to compensate for low light is higher ISO at the cost of lower image quality.

I'm not sure I understand how these shots would benefit from an aperture change?

Concerning the focus...Aren't you like using the timer and then jumping in front of it or do you have a wireless remote? It's really hard to nail the focus without a wired or wireless remote?

Yeah I am setting the timer, it's a 15 sec timer I believe. I don't have a remote just yet, but I really want one! :D

a remote would help as then the camera would focus on you instead of the wall. I think the reason we were suggesting her working on the aperture is to try and get a better focus? to tell you the truth i'm not sure.

I have a question...did you do any editing to the skin? it looks very smooth

the poses are good though

No I didn't otherwise if I did, I would have cloned the line on my belly. :blushing:
Thank you! :mrgreen:

Oh yeah and one more thing, lotion works wonders right before a shoot. I use Vaseline deep conditioning lotion.

a remote would help as then the camera would focus on you instead of the wall. I think the reason we were suggesting her working on the aperture is to try and get a better focus? to tell you the truth i'm not sure.

Yeah that's why I really really want one. :mrgreen:

Remotes are usually pretty cheap. I picked mine up for my Nikon in the $20 range. Pretty simple and my camera still alows a 2 second pause before shooting if I select it (giving me time to hide the remote). Try changing the ISO to 200 (if it was at 100) before that will bring out more detail in your skin and avoids the need for a slower shutter speed which might blur if you move at all. If you go too high with the ISO you will get "noise" in the picture. Good poses though and of course an excellent subject matter.

Remotes are usually pretty cheap. I picked mine up for my Nikon in the $20 range. Pretty simple and my camera still alows a 2 second pause before shooting if I select it (giving me time to hide the remote). Try changing the ISO to 200 (if it was at 100) before that will bring out more detail in your skin and avoids the need for a slower shutter speed which might blur if you move at all. If you go too high with the ISO you will get "noise" in the picture. Good poses though and of course an excellent subject matter.

Thank you! ;)

Im glad you posted a link to your camera. Its more advance than I was expecting. Its a good kit you got with the wide and tele lenses included. Did you shoot these in B&W or convert later??

Most reactions

Back